Title: Ninety-two Days 1/?
Authors: sairalinde & anorienbean
Rating: NC-17
Pairing: David Wenham/Craig Parker
Disclaimer: No money was made from this fic, and we do not mean to imply anything about the sexual preferences of anyone mentioned within.
Summary: Two up and coming executives are put in a competition for the same job. The only problem is they can't seem to keep their hands off one another, despite their not wanting to like one another.

//Indicate thoughts


................................................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................

David felt a little bit nervous as he walked through the lobby of the Corporate Headquarters of McKellen International. He'd been given short notice that he was in the running for the recent opening of Vice President of International Operations. He had dropped everything at the Australia offices to fly up over the weekend to be here for a meeting with Mr. McKellen, whom he'd only met a few times in his five years with the company.

Shifting his briefcase to his other hand, he approached the silver doors of the elevator and pushed the button. When the doors slid open, he stepped in and bumped shoulders with someone else.

"Oh, sorry about that," he said, looking up and feeling his mouth immediately go dry. The man he was faced with was absolutely gorgeous. Dark hair and blue eyes that seemed to sparkle even in the dull, artificial lighting of the elevator. David swallowed hard and tried not to seem like a teenager drooling over their first crush. The guy was just *that* sexy. Clearing his throat, he offered his hand, "Hi, I'm David Wenham, VP of Australian Acquisitions," he said smiling.

Craig’s eyes widened as the clearest blue eyes he’d ever seen, combined with the sexiest smile he’d ever imagined, turned his way and made his heart flip in his chest. //Damn! Where did he come from? And is that sexy smile all for *me*? // Shaking himself from his reverie, he smiled and extended his hand, shaking David’s, holding on to it a little longer than necessary. “Craig Parker, VP of London Acquisitions,” he nodded, unconsciously licking his lips. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, David.” Up until the moment he’d laid eyes on David, Craig had been a bit nervous. He’d been with McKellen International for almost five years as well, had even met the man himself a few times, but this was the first time he’d been summoned to their main office for a meeting about God-only-knows-what. Now, he was still a bit nervous, but for a completely different reason. He was immediately attracted to the man next to him, and found himself more worried about how to find out if he was single or not than he was about his meeting with Mr. McKellen. “I don’t get to LA very often, so it’s nice to see a friendly face.” //Not to mention a devastatingly handsome one.//

David smiled in return and found that he didn't really want to release the other man's hand. The air around them suddenly seemed heavy and David took a deep breath trying to steady himself. No one had ever had that powerful of an effect on him upon first meeting them. "I don't get to LA often myself...seems we have a bit in common already," he grinned. David managed to tear his gaze away from Craig for a moment and looked at the doors in front of them, but he kept resisting the urge to say more. To find out if Craig was single, to find out how long he would be in Los Angeles...anything, but he couldn't quite find a reason for asking those things.

Craig looked around the elevator car a little unsteadily. He knew they’d reach the top floor in moments, and he also knew that he’d never forgive himself if he didn’t at least say….something. “I…um….I just got in a few hours ago from London,” he said, swallowing the lump in his throat and forcing his voice not to tremble. “And I’m starving to death. I’ve got a meeting, but after that…I think I’ll have to find somewhere to eat. Did you notice anything that looked decent on your way in?” //Say you’re starving too….say it…pleasepleaseplease say it.//

David turned back to Craig and smiled. "I came up yesterday, there's a great little Thai place near my hotel I ate at last night...maybe...well, if you'd like maybe we can grab lunch there if we get a chance? I've got a meeting scheduled too, so I'm sure I'll be starving by then myself," he said unable to keep his eyes from roving over the other man. //My God, he's absolutely fucking gorgeous. I need to go to London more often. A lot more often.//

//YES!// Craig smile was probably a lot wider than he’d meant it to be, and he was pretty damn sure he looked more excited than was prudent, but he couldn’t help himself. “I think that sounds perfect,” he grinned. “I love Thai, and I hate eating alone. Unless…well, unless you’re meeting someone else? Your…significant other or…something? I wouldn’t want to intrude…”

David laughed, realizing that Craig was fishing a bit. //He's interested too.// "No. No significant other, not for a long time. Always been told I'm married to my job, ya know. And I'm not particularly fond of eating alone at a restaurant myself, so if we can get out of here for lunch...we can share a taxi and go over there. I'm staying at the Hilton a few blocks away," he said unable to stop smiling himself.

“Really?” Craig asked, finding himself happier at the moment. //Single. Sexy as all hell. Smart. Gorgeous. Maybe he’s interested in a bit more than dinner?// “So am I. Staying at the Hilton, I mean. I think McKellen has an entire floor reserved for his employees when they have business here. I’m in…..3003. You?”

"3005," David answered enjoying the way Craig's eyes seemed to light up. "I guess, it's a date then," he said softly just as the elevator dinged and the doors slid open. The two of them stepped out, side by side and were greeted by a young blonde woman.

"Mr. Parker and Mr. Wenham?" she asked. Both men nodded in the affirmative and she led them over to a small waiting area. "I'm Miranda, Mr. McKellen's assistant. He had to take a last minute call from Singapore, he'll be right with you both. Would either of you like some coffee or tea?" she asked smiling.

David smiled at the young woman as he sat down and shook his head, "No, thank you," he answered setting his briefcase on the floor beside him. He hated this part of meetings with superiors.

Craig’s own briefcase sat on the floor beneath his feet, and he tried to concentrate on what would happen *after* the meeting. He really had no reason to be worried. The London offices had some of the highest profits in the entire company…competing only with Australia, oddly enough, and, like David, Craig was practically married to his job. He’d not been in a relationship since he’d started working for McKellen International, as he rarely left his office, and spent every spare minute trying to figure out ways to get ahead, and be transferred to the main office in LA. It was a goal he’d had his eye on from day one, and he had no reason to believe this meeting could mean anything but positive feedback from his boss. In the meantime….he had a date. Not just a *date*, but a date with the best-looking man he’d ever seen in his life. “I’m not sure which one of us he’ll call in first, but…I guess whichever one gets finished, we can just wait for the other here, or in the lobby?” he asked.

"Sounds like a plan to me," David said smiling. He had been nervous earlier and now it seemed his nerves had been replaced with excitement. Excitement about meeting someone as gorgeous as Craig who actually did want to have lunch with him. He started to ask Craig if he knew anything about the VP position he'd heard was opening up but Miranda returned. "He'll see you now," she said smiling.

"Um, which one of us?" David asked confused and Miranda laughed. "Both."

David looked over at Craig beside him who looked as confused as he was. "Uh ok," he said standing up and grabbing his briefcase. "That's odd," he murmured to himself as they walked toward the large double doors to Mr. McKellan's office.

Craig’s eyebrows arched in confusion, but he rose as well, and followed David into Mr. McKellen’s office, thanking Miranda as she quietly closed the doors behind them.

Taking a deep breath, his nerves hit him full force again, and he stole a glance over at David. //God, I hope this isn’t something bad. I don’t want to be humiliated in from of him. Not when we’ve just met.//

Ian stood up and smiled as the two young executives walked in. "Well come on then, I'm sure you are both wondering why you were called here on such short notice," he said ushering them both toward chairs in front of his desk. As they sat down, Ian returned to his own seat. "I can imagine you are both suffering a bit of jet lag, especially you, Craig, but it just shows me that both of you will do what I ask when I ask, without a fuss or questions. So you both passed the first test," he said smiling at the last as both men glanced at each other and then him. "The reason I've asked you here is because there is going to be a vacancy here at headquarters, our Vice President of International Operations is taking early retirement, and he needs to be replaced. The two of you and one other who was not able to make it today because of an emergency, are up for this position." Ian paused letting the two men take in everything he'd said so far.

Craig’s heart was pounding and he resisted the urge to dance around the room. This was the position he’d had his eye on since his first day on the job. He’d be able to live in LA, be able to get a lot more cooperation from the various other industries, could accomplish a hell of a lot more here than in London….not to mention the astronomical raise he knew came with the position. He could do this…he could do it better than anyone else. He could almost taste it. Then the older man’s words rang in his ears. //Shit….I’m up against David? And someone I don’t even know? Dammit…I wanted him. A lot. But I want this job too. And I’m going to get it. I just wish to God I could have met him before…and had been able to just *see* what could happen. Guess that’s all blown to hell now.// Clearing his throat, he resisted the urge to look at the man who was supposed to be his date in a short while. “Thank you for your consideration, Mr. McKellen,” he said in a deceptively calm voice as he reached across the desk and shook Ian’s hand. “I’ll prove to you that I’m the man for this job. You won’t be sorry you asked me here.”

Ian shook Craig's hand and smiled. "We'll see," he smiled and looked over at the red head beside Craig who simply smiled at him in return.

"As my colleague said, thank you for your consideration, I look forward to whatever you have in store for us," David answered leaning forward and shaking Ian's hand as well. He wanted this job, badly. //Life just isn't fucking fair is it? I finally meet someone who can understand the demands of my job, and who looks like *that* and I'm up against him for the fucking promotion of a lifetime.// David leaned back in his chair and fought the urge to sigh. He wanted the job but he also had wanted to get to know Craig better. It was pretty obvious already that Craig really wanted the job too from his reaction, and David realized they'd end up being nothing more than rivals. //Damn it to hell. Well, I might as well get *something* I want after dropping everything back home. So whatever Ian asks, I'll do it.// "So, Mr. McKellen...what exactly do you have in mind for us? I mean it's a little unusual to call two prospects in at the same time like this."

Ian laughed. "Well the two of you were so equally matched in your performance records, as well as this third person who is still up for the job as well, that I decided I'd have all three of you work here in LA for 90 days. At the end of that time, I'll decide who gets the position."

Craig had to bite back the sigh that wanted to fall from his lips. //Dammit…90 days around David….competing against him, staying right-fucking-in-the-next-room to him? Jesus…If it were *any* other job, I’d tell Ian to go to hell, and at least get to know David better. But it’s not. It’s *the* job. And he wants it too. He’s not going to get it though…that’s for sure.// Smiling at Ian, Craig let himself steal one more gaze at the redhead beside him before speaking. “Tell us where to be and what to do, Mr. McKellen. I think I can see that we’re both going to give you everything we’ve got.”

Ian laughed, "That's exactly what I expected from both of you. For today, I want you to take the rest of the day, get settled in, your suites are yours for the next ninety-two days. Today doesn't count since the other candidate was held up in Singapore and won't get in until tomorrow. So take the next two days, use them as you like. And the three of you will all have to work together at times, I want to see how well you work as a team even if you are competing with each other, you still work for the company and as always the company comes before anything else."

David nodded, "Yes, sir. Thank you again," he said smiling. When Ian stood up both he and Craig did as well.

Craig grabbed his briefcase and took Ian’s hand again as the older man reached across the desk. “Yes…thank you again,” he said, his smile matching David’s, though he already had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. He waited for David to shake Ian’s hand as well, and headed for the door. //Ninety-two days. Jesus. Ninety-two-fucking days. Or…well, not so much fucking, actually. Shit.//

As they made their way from Ian's office, David didn't know exactly how to feel. Part of him was elated that he was in fact up for the promotion; another part of him was depressed that he'd never really get to enjoy his time with Craig. Even if they did still go on that date would they constantly be thinking of a way to one up the other? Maybe it was best he broke the date? He didn't really *want* to, but...it would just be too awkward. Wouldn't it? As the doors closed behind them David glanced over at Craig, "I...um...I...congratulations, Craig. If I don't get it, I do hope it's you and not the guy who couldn't even show up," he grinned amiably. //At least try and end it on a friendly note. Damn. Just...damn.//

Craig extended his hand to David and returned his smile. “I’ll say the same to you, David,” he said, a hint of regret coloring his voice. “I want the job, but, if I don’t get it….Good luck. If I didn’t want this so badly….hadn’t worked for this opportunity for years, I’d bow out, but….I can’t. I need this job…and I’m going to try my damndest to get it. I guess….I guess you don’t want to go on that date now, since we’re both after the same thing?” His voice trailed off uncertainly. He *wanted* to pretend this meeting had never happened, if only for a few hours. If only he could have managed to have this date before Ian threw this at them both. He respected the man, but his timing could not have sucked any more than it had today.

David took Craig's offered hand for the second time that morning and just like the first handshake they'd shared; he didn't want to let go. "I...I don't know if it would be right. I mean, you said it yourself you've worked for this opportunity for years, so have I. I really would have enjoyed lunch with you, I think...but I don't know what the right answer is to be honest," he smiled sadly. "Never a good idea to mix business with pleasure right?" //Why the hell did saying those words hurt so damn much? He hardly knew Craig. This shouldn't matter. We both want the same job, I need to stop looking at him as the sexiest guy I've ever met and start looking at him as a rival.//

Before either David or Craig could say anything else the large doors to Ian's office swung open and he smiled at them. "Oh good, you've not left yet. I forgot to mention earlier, to make up for the short notice; I'd like to take you both out to lunch. Get to know you both a little bit better, talk shop a bit, and *then* you can have the rest of the day and tomorrow to yourselves before getting started," he said smiling.

//Well…..not exactly what I had in mind, but at least I’ll get to be around him before the game ‘officially’ starts.// Craig nodded and straightened his jacket. “We were just discussing lunch,” he smiled. “I have a few things I’d like to run by you about the London office anyway, and I’m too impatient to wait for another day and a half.”

David nearly glared at Craig for a moment. //Apparently the competition has begun.// He smiled brightly at Ian and nodded, "Yes, that sounds perfect. I know there were several items on the boards agenda that we weren't able to cover last week in our conference call if you'd like to discuss those, or were you speaking in more general terms?" David asked trying to avoid looking at Craig beside him.

//Well…aren’t you just jumping on the bandwagon? I believe *I* had the floor, thank you very much. You might be sexy as hell, but don’t fuck with me where this job is concerned David. You *won’t* win. // Craig worked his way between David and Ian before Ian had a chance to answer. “I’m sure the Australian office is doing well, but you have to admit, the London office is at the top of it’s game now. I have several ideas that I’ve been writing up in a memo for you, Mr. McKellen, but if I might take this opportunity to run them by you personally, I think you could better see the scope of what I’ve been working on.”

David schooled his face to keep from frowning at Craig's...display...for lack of a better term. "Perhaps we should fill Mr. McKellen in on both our offices in turn, Mr. Parker," he said as diplomatically as he could.

The two men were looking at each other now and Ian's lips twitched as he winked at Miranda who was trying her best not to laugh. //This is going to be an interesting ninety two days.// Clearing his throat, Ian drew the attention back to himself, "We'll discuss both, in about half an hour. I have a call to make first and I'll meet you in the conference room, Miranda will be glad to show you there. It’ll be more comfortable than the waiting room here," he said nodding toward Miranda who was already standing up.

Nodding, Craig smiled at Miranda and hid his glare at David until Ian’s back was turned. “Thank you, Miranda,” he said solicitously. “*Mr. Wenham* and I are at your mercy. I have a few notes to make before lunch anyway, now that Mr. McKellen will be joining us. I’m quite used to working lunches, so this will feel like just another day at the office.” //Though, I wish I had time to go jerk off or something first…if I have to sit next to David, I’ll probably explode. He looks so fucking…..well….for lack of a better word, *fuckable*…//

David almost sighed as he followed Miranda and Craig toward the conference room across the hall that he had barely noticed before. He was suddenly pleased with his vantage point behind Craig. The dark haired man had one hand in his pocket and his suit jacket had ridden up slightly. David found himself enjoying the view as he followed behind them. //Damn, ninety-two days around Craig? I see a lot of cold showers in my future.// He sped his pace slightly as Miranda opened the doors for them. "Thank you, Miranda," David said smiling as he walked in and set his briefcase on the long table. He found his way toward the large windows and gazed out on the Los Angeles skyline. He tried not to pay attention to Craig behind him...tried to put the other man out of his mind, but found it almost impossible.

Craig, trying his best to be all business, opened his briefcase and pulled out a pen and legal pad. He honestly couldn’t think of a single thing to write, and his gaze kept drifting up to David. //We should have had our date. Just….just forgot about this job and spent a few hours together. Maybe we would have hated each other. Maybe not. Now we’ll never know, dammit.// With a sigh, he glanced up again and noticed the way the sun made the copper-colored hair at the base of David’s neck look like the most delicious shade of strawberry blonde he’d ever seen. David happened to be standing in front of an air conditioner vent, and even as Craig forced himself to drag his eyes away, he got a whiff of David’s cologne. His tongue snaked out between his lips and he could almost *taste* what it would feel like to lick his way up the side of the other man’s neck, tasting the alcohol from the cologne and the undoubtedly incredibly warm and erotic flavor of David’s skin. //Yep…gonna explode. Gonna fucking explode. Probably a dozen times a day for the next three months. And two days. Mustn’t forget the extra 2 days…//

David shoved his hands in his pockets and tried to act calm and aloof, but he desperately wanted to watch Craig. He moved slightly before the windows and almost gasped when he was able to see Craig's reflection, and saw the other man watching him. He continued to watch Craig even as Craig watched him. His pulse pounded in his ears when he saw a hint of a pink tongue slip out and move across Craig's bottom lip. //Christ the man's gona kill me and has no idea. This job better be worth the torture of the next few months.// Finally, David turned from the window and when he did, Craig had already turned his attention to the legal pad. "I've heard good things about the London office," he offered amicably.

Craig looked up and smiled before he remember that he *really* shouldn’t be so transparent. It might not be so hard if he weren’t in the room right next to Craig’s at the hotel. And, with Craig’s luck, they’d have offices side by side, or, worse yet, have to share one. Whoever the candidate in Singapore was, there was no way he could be half as sexy as David, so at least he’d have only one distraction. //He’s your rival. Not your pal. Or your lover, though I wish to God he was… Or, I just wish I didn’t want this fucking job so badly.// “Thanks,” he said, trying to stop smiling but not quite able to. “I can say the same thing about the Australian branch. You’re the ones I’m always trying to stay ahead of. I think our work’s cut out for us here. Too bad there aren’t two positions open. Maybe…maybe things would be different.”

David smiled and nodded, "Yeah, much different I imagine, //much different because we'd probably be naked about now// I...I meant it earlier when I wished you luck. I've admired the work of the London offices for several years now, so if I have to lose out to someone...not that I'm going to," he grinned, "But...if I were, then it should be you." He moved closer to the table and sat down pulling his briefcase to him and opening it. The action was more or less just to have something to do, besides think about Craig. Think about how soft that dark hair really was, think about that incredible body underneath the cleanly cut suit, think about that body, naked, moving under him, over him, inside him. David felt heat rush up his face and tried to distract himself by shuffling through some papers in his briefcase.

Craig looked at his watch and seriously wondered if he had time to take a quick trip to the restroom to take care of the problem that seemed determined to stay with him whenever David got close. //I bet if I fucked him once, it’d be out of my system, and we could really fight this out. We probably wouldn’t click sexually….oh, who the HELL am I kidding? I’d fuck him into next year, and still probably want more.// His eyes drifted up to David once again and watched as he shuffled some papers that he wasn’t even paying attention to. //Long fingers. Bet they could just open me up and get me ready for his cock in no time at all. Or open himself up for me. Or….*dammit* stop looking at him. You’re *not* helping matters.//

Before David was able to draw anything out of his briefcase to read over, the door opened and Miranda stepped in. "Gentlemen, Mr. McKellen asked me to have you go downstairs now. He's running just a little bit late but the reservations are for 2:00 so he has asked his driver to take you to the restaurant and he'll be along soon," she said holding the door open while both men gathered their things and headed toward the door.

David felt his stomach flip from the idea of sitting next to Craig in the backseat of a limo. //God, you just aren't making this any easier are you?// "Thank you again, Miranda," David said walking out ahead of Craig this time and toward the elevator.

Craig admired the view as David walked ahead of him. He could almost picture what the red head would look like naked. Firm muscles, smooth skin, his cock hard and leaking as he waited for Craig to take him. When the doors of the elevator finally closed, he stood uncomfortably against the wall, briefcase held in front of his now rigid arousal, determined not to look at the man beside him and finding himself wishing that someone…*anyone*….would join them in the suddenly cramped car. “You know…” he ventured. “I honestly think I’ll get this promotion. Maybe after that, we can have our date, if you can stay here in LA for a little bit longer? I could always hire you as my assistant or something if you liked LA. I’m sure Ian wouldn’t mind.”

David leaned against the wall and then when Craig spoke his mouth dropped open. He nearly felt slapped just from that. //Hire me as his fucking assistant?!// David's eyes narrowed and he leaned away from the wall to look at Craig. "I think I've been more than kind, tolerated your ass kissing with Ian even, but...hire me as your goddamn assistant? Go fuck yourself, Craig," he snapped and moved further away from the other man as if hoping the distance between them in the small box would help any. And damn it, despite what Craig had just said, and how fucking pissed off it made David...he still wanted him. //What the FUCK is wrong with me? I can't still want him...I can't.// He cast his eyes to the side and looked at the other man again and realized that he *did* still want him, almost more than the damn job. That infuriated him.

Craig turned and glared at David. “Ass kissing? *ASS KISSING*?” he repeated, shaking his head. “Hey, I was trying to keep this friendly, but you, Mr. Wenham, need to keep your fucking mouth shut. I was offering you a job. You might be the sexiest man I’ve ever laid eyes on, but I won’t hesitate to do whatever the hell I have to do to get this job. If you see it as ass kissing, then that’s your prerogative, but I didn’t see you stepping aside either. I see how you’re trying to be oh-so-gracious and wish me luck. Probably just waiting to figure out where you want to slide the knife in my back.”

David laughed humorlessly and shrugged knowing it looked childish and didn’t care. "Offering me a fucking job...you might want to wait to see if you GET this one first, you arrogant," he began and then his words trailed off as he realized what else Craig had said. //He thinks I'm sexy?// He swallowed hard and shook his head. "Forget it, Ian said we have to work together. Just...try and keep your 'enthusiasm' to yourself next time, eh? How would you have felt if I said that shit to you?" David said trying to calm down. "And, I don't want to stab you in the back, Craig. I want this job, yes, but I am not underhanded. I don't need to be, I'm good enough that I don't HAVE to be." David turned back to face the elevator doors and when the little bell rang he nearly shot out the doors just to get away from Craig. He was either going to kill him or kiss him. Neither seemed like a good idea at the moment.

Craig leaned back against the wall as David raced out the door, unable to *not* look at him, even as he mocked David’s words. ‘I’m good enough that I don’t have to be.’ //Arrogant bastard. You’ve not seen good yet, Wenham. And I still might offer you that job if you change your attitude.// Stepping outside of the elevator just as the doors began to slide shut, Craig made his way toward the door with a smirk on his face. //I guess I was kind of nasty. Shit…I don’t even know what I’m doing…or saying. He’s already making me crazy and I’ve not even known him for half an hour! I should apologize….maybe. Or not.// Wiping a hand over his eyes, Craig was startled at himself. *This*….this arrogant, snarky, not-so-nice side of him was not the *real* Craig. The real Craig had nervously made a date with David earlier, had flirted and wanted to know more about the other man…and now…now he didn’t like what he was doing or saying. But he didn’t know how to make it better at this point, if David would even let him try. He’d probably just make things worse. //I’m sorry, David. I’m being an ass. I don’t know why…I’m just not sure I can think about this job, when all that’s on my mind is picturing you naked. And hard. And….naked.//

David didn't know what to think anymore. He *wanted* Craig so bad he could nearly taste his skin against his tongue, the way his muscles would move as he licked a trail...//STOP IT! Fucking hell. This is driving me crazy. Ninety-two days of this? After what he said in the elevator he thought maybe next time if he mouthed off like that he'd just put a stop to it...with his own mouth.// He grinned at that thought. His own words 'Don't mix business with pleasure' came back to haunt him but he decided if he was going to go all out for this job, if Craig was going to be so fucking arrogant...and hard to deal with, then he'd at least get *something* out of it.

Mr. McKellan's driver approached both men and asked them to follow him to the car that was waiting out front. David tried to reign in his anger and once they were in the car, he turned to Craig and sighed. Part of him wanted to apologise, say he was sorry, but then he hadn't insulted Craig either until he was pushed.

Craig stared straight ahead and crossed his arms over his chest as he berated himself for his words earlier. David was a nice man…he didn’t deserve this. If only he’d just walk away from this job. Craig certainly couldn’t, and maybe David didn’t realize how much Craig wanted it…how hard he’d worked, how much he *needed* this job. After a moment, he turned toward David and gave him a tentative smile. “Sorry,” he murmured. “I’ll try and watch my mouth. I’m not normally this nasty. I just…I have no excuse. I….well, honestly, I said it before, but I have to say it again. I wish to hell that we’d had our dinner date before we walked into Ian’s office.”

David attempted a smile that he knew was a little weak. "It's ok. I...I wish that too, but it's too late now," he said softly. He too wished that they'd had a chance before all the pressure of competing for the same job was on them. It didn't seem fair, or very good business practice to David. Take your top executives from your top offices and make them 'fight' for the same job. It was a little...demeaning wasn't it? David sighed and tried to reason it out. Maybe he *should* just bow out? He loved Australia, he liked his job there, he really *wanted* the job here in LA but at what cost? He looked out the window unable to find the answers and for the first time in his life more uncertain about his future than he ever had been.

Craig nodded and turned to stare out the window as the limo pulled away from the curb. //He probably wasn’t that interested anyway. Either I’ll get the job and he’ll move back to Australia, or he’ll get the job and I’ll go back to London. Nothing could have come of it either way.// He was determined to try and keep his mouth shut, but he really did have some ideas he wanted to discuss with Ian. He’d somehow manage to let David talk as well, but Craig believed his ideas were sound, and would assure him of a promotion, even if it wasn’t *this* promotion. Minutes later, the limo stopped in front of a small, upscale restaurant, and he climbed out, briefcase in hand. //I hope Ian gets here soon, before we kill each other. Or before David sees how fucking aroused he makes me by just *breathing*.//

When they arrived at the restaurant, David followed Craig out of the car and inside. The establishment was quite upscale and the hostess greeted them cheerfully. "McKellen, party of three," David said smiling and the woman nodded and led them toward the table. David took a deep breath as they approached the table and hoped that Ian would show up soon. Neither man spoke for several long moments and then David took a chance. "So...um, have you ever been to Australia?" he ventured mostly to try and cut the silent tension that seemed to be hanging around them.

“No,” Craig said, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. His pants were unusually tight, thanks to David, a fact which Craig wasn’t all that thrilled about, at the moment, as his arousal was getting harder by the minute and he was having a hard time concentrating. He’d never felt this animal attraction to anyone in his life before, and here, now, and about the man who wanted *his* job was not the first way he wanted to experience it. “Have you been to London?” //Where the hell is Ian? And *how* am I going to make it for three months like this? Maybe…maybe he’s just having a good day…maybe he normally doesn’t look this sexy? Or…shit…maybe he always does, and I’m going to have a permanent hard on for the next ninety-two fucking days! Great…just fucking GREAT.//

David relaxed a little bit and leaned back in his chair. "Yeah, I went to London last year was only there a few days, business only, but what I saw of the city was lovely," he said conversationally. He wondered when Ian would get there, he wasn't sure if this 'temporary peace' would hold out, but then they'd been friendly before they were both after the same job. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all? The scenery couldn't possibly get any better. David had to resist the urge to watch Craig too much...too much was dangerous he decided. He was far too attracted to him, even if he'd pissed him off royally earlier with that crack about being an assistant. He wished that he and Craig had met under different circumstances. Despite his best efforts, he couldn't seem to take his eyes off the dark haired man though, and when Craig licked his lips David wanted so much to do that *for* him. //God...I feel like a damn teenager, every time I look at him I just *want* him. This is going to be torture the next few months.// He'd thought that earlier and it still applied. Even after arguing in the elevator and barely saying two words to each other in the car he STILL wanted him. Damn it.

David's thoughts were interrupted when he saw Ian coming toward their table. //Thank, God!// "Ian's here," he whispered across to Craig as he stood up to greet the older man.

"I'm sorry it took so long...had a few fires to put out. Take your seats, no need to be so formal on my account," Ian said breathlessly. He sat down and smiled at the two men who looked...uncomfortable. He chalked that up to the fact they were both up for the same job and asked if they'd ordered.

Craig was relieved beyond words to see Ian. They quickly ordered and made small talk until their meals arrived. Craig’s arousal didn’t wan…in fact, if anything, it got harder each time David laughed or forgot, for just a moment, and turned that dazzling smile his way. He tried his damndest not to look, but couldn’t help it. The first part of the meal went smoothly enough…they ate their appetizers and made general small talk about anything but business, and Craig thought that maybe this wouldn’t be too bad. Then their meals came. It was pretty much down hill from there. Every time Craig tried to speak to Ian, it seemed David had something to say. And every time David had an idea, (and Craig was loathe to admit it, but his ideas were ingenious) Craig found himself interrupting, which was unlike him. He was trying to make a good impression on Ian, but it was turning out that he was mostly likely making David madder by the moment.

At first, David thought that any tension between he and Craig had been left behind in the car when they'd apologized to each other. He was honestly enjoying himself, and had relaxed but then when their meals came and Ian started asking about business matters everything just seemed to go to hell. And quickly. They just kept stepping on each other's toes it seemed. Craig would interrupt him or he'd interrupt Craig, or they'd start talking at the same time, it just seemed like a train wreck. Ian seemed slightly amused by it all and David felt more and more like an idiot. Then once it seemed they found a tentative pattern, Craig had finished what he had to say and David began to talk about one of the issues on the Davies account, Craig suddenly jumped in and David just stopped talking. Stopped eating, stopped everything, he simply sat there until finally he'd gotten so fed up he excused himself tersely and headed for the men's room. As much as he found Craig attractive, the man positively infuriated him.

Craig watched David walk away, wondering what on earth had gotten into him. Yes…Craig *had* interrupted, but so had David. And if he was going to get mad and walk away, then FINE. Craig had Ian’s full attention. He finished speaking to Ian, though somewhat disjointedly. The fact that David just walked away like that made him furious. He wanted this job, but he sure as hell didn’t need David just wandering off and playing the victim here for him to get it. //Ok…we need to have this out once and for all, dammit. Walking away like a wounded puppy will not get my sympathy or Ian’s. Enough.// Wondering why Ian smiled at him rather oddly, Craig excused himself and headed toward the men’s room. His face was flushed and his anger was building by the moment, and by the time he reached the men’s room he was furious. He tried to calm himself as he opened the door, but between his aching cock and his poorly hidden anger, it was no use. Stepping inside the restroom, he slammed the door behind him, and locked it before walking around the dividing wall to look for his rival.

David was just drying his hands as someone slammed the door of the men's room and he could have sworn her heard the lock slide into place with a loud snap. He turned and leaned forward slightly to see who'd just locked him in and sighed when he saw Craig. He wasn't about to stand in the men’s room and discuss *anything* with Craig, much less anyone else. He didn't say a word as he started to cross toward the door but as he approached Craig he could see that he was angry about something. //He's pissed off huh? Well join the fucking club.// He thought as he attempted to pass the other man.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” Craig demanded as he grabbed David’s arm and pulled him to a stop. “Are you trying to play the victim in front of Ian, or did you just realize you didn’t stand a fucking chance in hell against me for this job? Is that what it was? You just tucked your tail between your legs and ran away?”

David jerked to a stop when Craig grabbed his arm. He glared at the other man as he turned to look at him. "First of all, let go of me," he hissed, "Second, no, I was not trying to 'play the victim' I did not want to make a scene, so I came in here to cool off. Something *you* obviously need to do, *Mr. Parker*. And you know what? Fuck you. I'll get this job, don't misunderstand why I left. I left to keep from embarrassing YOU. Now let me go," David said trying to shrug Craig's hand off his arm. He wasn't hurting him or even gripping him that firmly but the touch seemed to burn right through David's clothes and right into his very skin. Standing this close to Craig, he could smell his aftershave, as well as a more exotic scent that was his very own and made David's heart beat that much faster in his chest.

Craig’s eyes narrowed and he took his hand from David’s arm, only to grab him by the front of his shirt. With one shove, he had the other man pressed against the wall, and he moved closer, gritting his teeth. “You couldn’t embarrass me if you tried,” he growled, even as it registered in his gut how David somehow managed to get even sexier in this close proximity. “And you won’t get *my* job, no matter how fucking sexy you are. If you could just…..just….turn this…this…*sex* off when you’re around me, we’d get along just fine, but….dammit...you’re driving me out of my mind, you bastard!” With that, he leaned forward and pressed his lips to David’s. There was nothing gentle in the way his mouth sealed over David’s, and when David didn’t push him away, he forced his tongue into the other man’s mouth. //Jesus, I just want him to shut up and let me fuck him until he can barely walk!//

David was too shocked to say or do anything when Craig grabbed him and shoved him against the wall. He thought for a moment that he'd *really* misjudged the type of man Craig was, until the other man continued to speak. When his face was just inches from David's and their bodies were just a breath apart Craig's temper seemed to change, the look in his eyes slipped from anger to something else entirely and David gasped as those incredible lips sealed over his own. The kiss was demanding, almost brutal, and within moments David's shock turned to lust and desire for a man that quite simply drove him crazy. His tongue dueled with Craig's, each of them seeking dominance over the other just as they had in their dealings with Ian, but then Craig's body pressed against David's a low moan was lost in the kiss. David hardly realized the moan was his even as his arms wrapped around the other man, and his hands tangled in soft dark hair. //God, what are we doing?// He thought for a brief moment before Craig's arousal pressed solidly against his own and all rational thought was lost.

David’s moan made all the blood in Craig’s body rush straight down to his groin, and his cock got impossibly harder. He let go of the other man’s shirt, and slid his arms around his waist, pulling him closer. When David forced his tongue into Craig’s mouth, Craig sucked on it, and then repaid the favor by pressing his own tongue forward. //Shit…WHY did he have to taste so fucking delicious?// He actually hoped that once they’d kissed, he would find that they didn’t ‘mesh’, and his attraction would lessen. On the contrary, his cock instantly got harder and began to leak against the dark fabric of his pants and the next moan he heard was his own. He could feel David’s arousal pressing against him and it drove him even crazier. He pulled away and slid one hand down to cup the firm backside of the man in his arms, as he stared into lust darkened blue eyes. “Let me fuck you,” he panted. “Let’s just get this out of our systems and maybe the next three months won’t be so fucking difficult.”

David had never felt so overwhelmed from a kiss before, it was absolutely incredible. Craig tasted better than he could ever imagine, and he realized somewhere deep in the back of his mind that *this* wasn't going to make things ANY easier but he sure as hell couldn't stop himself. When he returned the kiss and his tongue slid past those amazing lips that he'd imagined licking earlier and Craig sucked on his tongue his arousal throbbed. His mind was screaming that this was a really bad idea but he ignored it completely. When Craig drew away from the kiss and asked to fuck him, he thought his knees might have buckled. //Oh God...could it be that simple?// "I...it's not the wisest," he began and then nearly trembled. "Oh to hell with it...yes...let's get it over with," he said quickly.

Craig breathed a sigh of relief and ground his arousal harder against David’s as he pulled him even closer. “Turn around,” he ground out as he stepped away and reached for his wallet, where he took a condom wrapper out with shaking fingers. He stuck the small packet between his teeth and unbuttoned his pants. Before they’d even hit the floor, he’d torn off the wrapper and was rolling the thin rubber over his aching cock. “I’ve wanted to do this since we were on the elevator together…but this does *not* mean we’re friends.”

When Craig told him to turn around David only hesitated for a moment before he turned, unbuckled his belt and unfastened his pants. He heard Craig's pants hit the floor as his own followed. He'd never actually done something like this with someone he'd only met three hours before but he was beyond being able to think. He stepped out of one leg of his crumpled clothing and stood waiting. A wave of nerves seemed to hit him for a moment but was quickly overridden by lust. //God, I've wanted him since I met him...maybe this *will* clear the air between us after all.// "I've wanted it too...but no it doesn't mean anything...just hurry the hell up," David said over his shoulder. One insane part of him wanted to see Craig, watch those incredible blue eyes but David doubted he could ever look at him again if he did.

Moving closer, Craig looked around the room, and cursed under his breath as he realized that there was no lube in the bathroom…and he wasn’t about to use hand soap. The condom was lubed, thankfully, and even if there had been a gallon jug of lotion sitting on the counter behind him, he wasn’t sure he’d even notice. He’d never done this before either, but there was no way in hell he could work next to David without getting this out of his system…getting *DAVID* out of his system, so they could move on and concentrate on the work ahead of them. Thrusting two fingers into his mouth, he wet them thoroughly, and parted the two round globes of David’s backside as his cock twitched and another moan fell from his lips. He reached around and untied David’s tie, then pulled at his shirt, ignoring the button that popped off as David’s skin was finally exposed. His mouth fastened on his lover’s shoulder, where he began to suck and mark the already flushed skin as his slick fingers found the small hole he was desperate to be buried in. Quickly working one, then two fingers in the tight opening, the twisted and scissored them as the small guardian muscle began to open and stretch. “Fuck, you’re tight,” he managed breathlessly.

David sucked in a breath as warm hands moved over him, and then Craig's mouth moved against his shoulder, sucking hard and making David tremble with need. Within moments a slick finger and then a second were moving inside him and he spread his legs farther apart. His hands were pressed flat against the wall and he found himself pushing back, needing...wanting more. His breath was already ragged and he moaned softly as the fingers worked inside him. The stretch and burn just seemed to drive his need higher. "Been, ah...a while," David gasped brokenly. He didn't bottom often at all, but when Craig asked...he just simply couldn't refuse. He'd have time to think about it all later, right now all he could think of were those long fingers moving inside him. "I'm ready...pl...just do it damn it," he ground out. He wasn't about to beg him.

“Fucking bossy bastard,” Craig hissed as he gave his fingers a final twist before pulling them away. Grabbing the tails of David’s shirt and jacket, he pulled them up around the other man’s shoulders, where he held them there with one hand, as his other lined his cock up to the stretched and waiting entrance. “And *DON’T* tell me what to do.” Pressing forward steadily, his head fell back as his cock was buried deep inside David’s body. He fought the urge to thrust immediately…he didn’t see any need to be gentle, but, dammit, he didn’t want to hurt David either. //Probably more consideration than he’d give me. Good thing I’m the one doing the fucking here.//

David startled just a little as Craig jerked his shirt and jacket out of the way and then he felt the tip of Craig's arousal press against him. He bit his bottom lip to keep from crying out when Craig filled him so completely. He trembled as his lover paused and despite himself, he pressed back further, wanting to feel the thick organ move within him. He wouldn't beg, he wouldn't, but damn it the man needed to fucking *move*. Drawing in a deep shuddering breath, David tried to calm his racing heart but knew he would have no luck with that now. It felt so damn good, the scariest thought entered his mind that Craig was perfect, they fit together perfectly and he immediately forced the thought away. He was fighting to keep from asking Craig to move, or telling him to so he continued to bite
his lip and wait.

When David pushed back against him, Craig smiled and grabbed the other man’s hip with his free hand. He wanted to wait, wanted to make David beg him to move, but he couldn’t….he need to fuck him *now*. Pulling back until the head of his cock was almost free of his lover’s body, he grunted and thrust back in; hard, as some primal part of him took over, a part he never knew existed. Again and again, he buried himself deep inside the tight passage, thinking that he’d never in his life felt this good. “Sexy fucking bastard,” he muttered as he continued to move. “You couldn’t just turn it off for a few fucking hours and give me some peace, could you?”

David moaned unable to hold back as he was filled over and over again, the feel of Craig moving inside him setting off a wildfire inside of him he had never known with anyone else before. This wasn't just *good* it was exquisite, he thought vaguely as his lover slammed into him and his internal muscles clenched around the thick shaft. "Turn *what* off?" David grunted even as his hips moved back to meet each powerful thrust. One of his hands curled into a fist against the wall, and the other hand dropped down to wrap around his own leaking arousal. His fingers tightened around the hard length and he tried to match Craig's fast pace. Nothing had ever felt this damn good before, and he was unnerved by that little fact. Why did it have to be this good with Craig of all people? Damn. "Just... shut up and fuck me, Parker!" he spat back trying his best not to think about why or how it could feel this good with a man he was so angry with. Wanted to dislike, but honestly couldn’t say that he really did.

Craig ground his teeth together as he slammed in again, this time even deeper. “I *said* stop….telling…..me….what….to…do!” he ground out between thrusts. His hand squeezed David’s hip hard enough to leave bruises and he felt his balls draw up close to his body. He was getting close…too close, and he knew he wouldn’t last long. If he’d thought one time with David would get the man out of his system, he was wrong…very, very wrong. Forcing himself deep inside the tight channel, his hand fisted around the fabric of David’s shirt and jacket, which were still wound between his fingers and he pressed his lover’s chest against the wall. “Fucking hell,” he moaned, almost to himself. “I was hoping I’d hate this.”

David was pressed forward against the wall, and he turned his head to the side, looking over his shoulder at Craig for a moment. Part of him wished they weren't in a public restroom, part of him wished they were completely naked, alone, and with more time, but they weren't. When Craig said he was hoping he'd hate it, David chuckled. "I hoped that I would too," he panted and almost said more but one of Craig's powerful thrusts slammed directly against his prostate and he had to bite his lip to keep from crying out. His own hand continued to move over his arousal and he could feel his release building rapidly within him. "Oh, God..." he moaned as his muscles clamped tight around his lover and thick streams of slick fluid spilled over his own hand. Trembling and weak kneed it took all the energy he had left to keep from collapsing.

As already tight muscles clenched around his cock, Craig bit back a scream and thrust in deep one last time. He came hard, his seed filling the tip of the condom as his cock throbbed and pulsed inside tight heat. Resting his forehead on David’s shoulder without even thinking, he continued to thrust his hips slightly, drawing out his orgasm as long as possible. “Damn,” he panted, as he finally released his hold on David’s hip, noticing that he’d left dark red fingerprints on pale skin. Finally pulling his cock from his lover’s body, he practically staggered over to the wall next to David, where he leaned his head back and closed his eyes. “This still doesn’t mean we’re friends,” he said, as he opened one eye and looked at the man he’d just fucked. “Or that I’m cutting you any slack. It just means I wanted to fuck you. Nothing more, nothing less.”

David nearly cried out when he felt his lover's cock pulse and jump within him. He felt Craig trembling from his release and almost smiled when he rested his head against his shoulder. His own muscles continued to tighten and release around the thick length milking all of his lover's release from him. When Craig pulled away, David bit his lip to keep the whimper of loss from slipping past his lips and he watched Craig as he leaned against the wall beside him. His chest heaving and his eyes closed, with a pink flush across his skin and David had to fight the desire to kiss him again. When Craig looked at him and stated they weren't friends again he nodded. "I know. Nothing more, nothing less," he agreed. He pushed himself away from the wall and staggered to the sink across from him and didn't dare look in the mirror.

With an exhausted sigh, Craig opened both eyes and rolled the condom from his softening cock. He leaned over, pulled up his pants, and threw the come-filled rubber in the trash, then reached for some paper towels to clean himself. Standing beside David, Craig looked in the mirror and had to fight back the smile that threatened to touch his lips. “It’s going to be an interesting ninety-two days,” he smirked. “Maybe next time I won’t be so gentle.”

David finished cleaning himself up and then looked over at Craig and shook his head, "IF there is a next time, it'll be my turn to top," he said rebuttoning his shirt and thanking God that the button that had popped off could be hidden by his tie. With that he turned and strode to the door, he flipped the lock and walked back to where Ian was sitting and not having a clue what to say to the man if he asked what they were doing in there so long.

Craig stared at the door, mouth hanging open and eyes wide. “Oh, there’ll be a next time,” he murmured to himself, as he zipped up his pants and tried not to smile. “And I *might* let you top, at that. If you’re half as good a top as you are a bottom, we might come to an understanding…and I’ll even let you choose if you want to top or bottom when we have my victory party after I get this job…” With a final look in the mirror, Craig ran his fingers through his hair and straightened his suit. Taking a deep, calming breath, he headed back toward their table, determined *not* to look at David…but of course, it was the first thing he did, even as his face flushed a bit. “Sorry about that Mr. McKellen,” he said as he smiled at the older man. “David and I had a few details to work out about something we’d talked about earlier...before we knew we were both up for this job. I think it’s all settled now though.”

Ian lifted his napkin to his mouth to hide his smirk and nodded. "Good...good, glad to hear you two are already working together."

David tried to keep his eyes averted from Craig as much as possible but his eyes seemed to have a mind of their own because they kept drifting back to him. Now that he knew exactly how soft his hair was, and how amazing those lips were, his taste...he knew that what happened in the men’s room wouldn't be the last time. He already wanted to taste him again, to feel his body pressed against his own. //The next few months are going to be more than interesting.//

Craig managed to stay civil throughout the rest of the meal, even smiling at David once, though he quickly made himself look away the moment he realized what he was doing. They had the rest of the day, and all of tomorrow before they had to report back to McKellen International…and their rooms *were* side by side. That thought sustained him for the next hour. He only interrupted David twice during the rest of their meal, and both times for *really* good reasons.

David noticed that Craig was making an effort through the rest of the meal and he too focused on not interrupting or rolling right over what Craig was trying to say. It seemed whatever the hell happened between them earlier had seemed to calm them both enough to be civil. At one point Craig had smiled at him, really smiled like he had when they first met earlier that day and David felt his pulse quicken just from that. When Craig quickly looked away as if he realized he'd actually *smiled* at him, David looked down at his plate and grinned to himself. If they could keep from killing each other then the next few months might just be more than interesting.