Title: Do You Believe in Love?
Author: Sairalinde
Beta: Glorfindel
Rating: PG
Pairing: Vig/Bean
Disclaimer: Don't own, don't know, don't get paid…so don't sue.
Warning: Serious schmoop warning. Not responsible for cavities.
Website: http://www.lordsofgondor.com
Live Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/sairalinde
Feedback: Please…need bunny food.
Summary: Sean and Viggo finally tell each other how they feel.
Notes: I know men would NEVER say stuff like this, but hey…it's springtime and it makes me think of fluffy things, flowers, and falling in love…so this fluffy little bunny came to me and well…sorry if it's a little over the top on the schmoop-o-meter. Guess I've eaten too many chocolate eggs. ;-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------


Sean sat staring at Orlando. He couldn't believe he'd said that.

"Are you seriously that jaded at such a young age, Orli?" Sean asked in amazement.

"Are you kidding me, Beanie? I would think a man with three divorces behind him would whole heartedly agree that love is a cliché. All of the good love songs have already been written, there is no such thing as a truly unique romantic movie anymore. Love is dead Beanie…been dead for a while. Folks just keep beating that poor horse." Orlando explained.

Sean shook his head. Orlando was so wrong it wasn't even funny. There was still love in the world. Sean had to believe there was.

"I may have three divorces behind me but I also have three daughters and I refuse to believe that love is dead." Sean answered.

"You say that because you want your daughters to be happy, but a person can be happy without true love ya know. Happens all the time, people settle down with someone they can stand to spend time with rather than someone they love." Orlando explained.

"But Orli that's exactly WHY I am thrice divorced. I settled because I thought I was in love. I thought it would last. It didn't but it doesn't mean I give up. I just still can't believe you're this jaded." Sean said still unsure if he believed the young man.

"You think I'm bad you should talk to Elijah." Orlando said laughing into his beer.

"Really? But what of Fran and Peter or Astin and Christine? What about them, are you saying they settled?" Sean asked with a smirk. He had the boy by the short ones this time.

"They are exceptions. I didn't say there was no such thing as soul mates…that's different than love." Orlando defended.

"Ha!" Sean barked with a laugh. "You are mad!"

Orlando smiled. "Yeah, but as I said I don't believe in love…but I do believe in soul mates."

"Well that certainly clears things up." Sean answered rolling his eyes at the young man.

Orlando just laughed and took another drink of his beer. Then Billy yelled at him. "Hey Orli come here…need someone to settle this bet Dom and I have!"

"Sure be right there!" Orlando answered over his shoulder then turned and smiled at Sean. "I'm being paged."

Sean laughed and waved him off. "Off with you oh so jaded one."

Orlando laughed and waltzed off to the table the hobbits were inhabiting leaving Sean alone in the booth.

"Crazy bugger, he doesn't believe in love." Sean muttered into his beer, then sighed. "He doesn't believe in love because he's never been in love with him before." Sean frowned into his beer at that thought. He was in love, desperately in love. Like a bloody fucking teenager in love, and the object of his affection had no fucking clue.

It happened immediately for Sean, the moment he met him, perhaps even before they physically met. Orlando talked about soul mates. Was there really such a thing? Sure he believed in love but soul mates? Can love not be love at all just affection but true desperate smoldering obsessive love was destined? Sean began to worry about his sanity or perhaps that he just had a bit too much to drink tonight. He was thinking in terms of soul mates, and destiny, good God what seeds had he let Orlando plant in his brain?


Sean thought back to the day he first found himself in love on the set. He was shuffled off into a conference room in one of the warehouses converted into offices for the production staff. They were going to meet their new Aragorn. Sean had felt bad that Stuart had to be let go but he really was not cut out to be Aragorn. Why Peter and Fran hadn't realized that sooner he had no idea, but now he had to meet a new Aragorn.

Everyone was nervous and Sean could just imagine how nervous the poor man coming in to play him was. Taking another actors place several weeks into a project this huge with no time to prepare had to be nerve wracking. Sean already admired this new fellow Viggo for having the balls to do it.

The other actors of the fellowship were milling around, Elijah was asleep on a bench in the corner which made Sean grin. Damn kid could sleep anywhere and through anything. Then the doors opened and a man with strawberry blond hair wearing a partial Aragorn costume but with blue jeans came in behind Peter. Sean thought that his heart had stopped in his chest for a moment. Now that's a man who would be king. He thought vaguely as he watched the other man move amongst the group greeting everyone. Sean stayed back and let the others greet the new comer and then finally when Viggo reached him Sean offered his hand.

"Sean Bean, playing Boromir." Sean said smiling.

Viggo took his hand and squeezed it tight in a firm handshake. "Viggo Mortensen. So you're my Steward?" He asked with a grin.

Sean felt like lightening had just shot up his arm. "Um yeah." Well that was daft. He thought and then released the other man's hand.

Viggo continued to grin. "Maybe we can grab a drink together later and work on our characters relationship a bit. I need to catch up and could use someone to run lines with."

Sean swallowed hard. "Um…yeah sounds great. As long as it's a real drink." Sean answered with a wink finally getting back to himself.

"Certainly." Viggo answered with a nod.

That had been it. A fucking handshake and a crooked grin and Sean's heart was no longer his own.

Sean took a deep drag off his cigarette and blew out the smoke. When he did his eyes rose and he saw Viggo standing in the middle of a crowd of people. It was most of the fellowship along with a couple of production people. Obviously he had just arrived and gotten caught up with the others. He knew Viggo would be eventually making it to Sean's booth. It's where they spent most nights off. They had become best friends, and while that made Sean very happy he always wanted more but could never bring himself to do anything about it.

Sean stared for a moment or two. Sometimes it irked him the way the hobbits and elf hung on Viggo. Course they hung on everyone that way, even Sean but it still bothered him. He wanted to be the one with his arm around Viggo like Orlando was at the moment.

Even if they did hook up, it was a movie shoot. Sean would have to leave before it was over, and the relationship would probably die. Just like all his marriages had died. He thought grimly.

Sean continued to watch the others talking to Viggo and his thoughts turned further inward. Thoughts that had turned into dreams…wet ones that he felt embarrassed and a little bit silly about. He wasn't a teenager, not by a long shot, but that's the way he felt when it came to Viggo.

Oh what I would give to kiss your neck…just there, under your ear, then lick my way down across your collar bone. Nibbling, tasting, claiming. Sean shifted in his seat at those thoughts, and stabbed out his cigarette then took a long drink of his beer.

"Bloody hell I've lost my mind." Sean muttered to himself just before he realized Viggo had finally managed to extricate himself from the others and was making his way for Sean's table with a big grin on his face.

"Christ, thought I'd never get away." He said sliding into the booth across from Sean.

Sean smiled. "They love you."

"I suppose. It's good to be loved then." Viggo said raising his glass and taking a drink. Sean looked at him oddly for a moment.

Then he tilted his head and looked at Sean. "What?"

"What?"

"I dunno it looked like you wanted to say something." Viggo shrugged.

"No…nothing. Hell of a week." Sean said settling into familiar patterns. Friendly banter. Viggo could read him too well, Sean needed to slide into character a bit better. The character of just being Viggo's best mate. He found that he was acting both on and off the set these days. It was taking a toll on him, emotionally, but even physically as well.

"Yeah…going to be so much worse next week." Viggo said taking a drink of his own beer and Sean found himself silently wishing he was that glass. Just so he could feel Viggo's lips moving on him, over him if only for an instant.

Orlando yelled something from the pool table to Sean and he turned to yell some running insult back. Viggo stared at the blond for a moment.

How do I do this? Viggo thought. How do I tell my best friend I'm in love with him? How do I say no one has ever made me feel the way he does? I'm supposed to be a fucking poet and I can't even think of a damn thing to say. Orli told me yesterday there was no such thing as love. I'm not sure I believe him. He's too young for that outlook, but hell before Sean I had given up on it myself.

I tackled him last week just so I could feel his body against mine even if it was only for a brief moment. I wanted to just lay there and breath in his scent, crush my face into the curve of his shoulder and feel his soft hair against my cheek. His hands were so hot under mine…burning a hole through mine. God I wanted to show him…show him how I feel, tell him…paint him, write poetry for him…ON him. It is so painful each night to go home, alone, and dream of him.

Sean laughed loudly and when he turned back to face Viggo, his face was lit up in a megawatt smile that could light up the cosmos.

"What?" He asks laughing into his beer about whatever the hobbits and elf had said to him.

"Nothing." I mutter into mine.

"Are they EVER going to tell each other?" Elijah asked Orlando.

"I dunno 'Lijah, I dunno." Orlando answered shaking his head. "Both of them are daft buggers, blind as bats."

"You think the "love" chat you had with each of them has them thinking?" Elijah asked hopping up on the side of the pool table.

"I hope it does…but I'm not going to hold my breath." Orlando answered scowling. Elijah sighed, a scowling Orli is not fun at all. The two of them have been trying for weeks to get Sean and Viggo to open their eyes.

"Maybe we should move to plan B." Elijah offered.

"Plan B? Uh what was Plan B?" Orli asked in confusion. He didn't recall there ever being a Plan A really.

"The make one of them jealous bit." Elijah suggested. Always worked in books and movie scripts.

"No…don't want my arse pounded into the ground by a jealous Sean or Viggo thank you very much." Orlando answered shaking his head wildly.

Elijah laughed. "Ok then Plan C…we just up and fucking tell them. You take Sean and I'll take Viggo." Elijah suggested.

"You aren't kidding are you?" Orlando asked draining his beer.

"Nope…not kidding…you game?" Elijah asked with a mischievous grin.

"Ok…I get Sean you get Viggo…what do you say…now…on three?" Orlando asked laughing.

"Oh three? We aren't disarming a bomb here." Elijah snickered.

"Yeah in a way we are…if they don't get together NOW we are all going to be made to suffer…trust me." Orlando answered.


Sean and Viggo looked up from their conversation to find a pair of pretty young men hovering over them.

"What are you two up to?" Viggo asked suspiciously.

"Viggo, I need to talk to you about something…uh in private." Elijah explained softly. Looking all innocent and sweet.

"In private?" Viggo asked looking across the table at Sean who had a puzzled look on his face that was probably an exact mirror of his own.

"Yeah…it's uh…it's personal and I really need to talk to uh someone who is a Dad…No offense Sean but the dad of a boy." Elijah said innocently and even blushed.

Orlando was impressed and couldn't help a grin starting to form on his lips so he looked away. Damn, Elijah is good.

Viggo suddenly gets a concerned fatherly look on his face and slides out of the booth. He looks at Elijah with such concern it nearly makes the boy feel bad for deceiving him. Nearly. The two walk away to a booth in a darkened corner to talk about 'Elijah's problem'.

Orlando slid into the spot Viggo vacated.

"What the bloody hell was that about?" Sean asked Orlando suspiciously. He'd seen Orlando's grin. The boys were having them both on.

Orlando merely smiled. "Well actually…it's about you, and Viggo."

"Me and Viggo?" Sean asked pushing his empty glass aside.

"Sean all that shit I said earlier about there being no such thing as love?" Orlando asked.

"Yeah."

"Well it was total bullshit…well not total. But anyway Viggo is desperately, head over heels in love with you, you fucking daft sod. Don't you see it?" Orlando explained.

Sean blinks but doesn't say anything the shock to his system is still rattling inside him. Was he that transparent that these boys could see it? Wait a bloody minute…he said Viggo was head over heels in love with me? I should be listening to him shouldn't I? He thinks then turns his attention back to the animated creature across from him.

"I swear for such intelligent men you are both quite daft! Sean, I know you are desperately in love with him too. Hell we all know. It's pathetic really that you two grown men can't see it. You two are perfect together and well you need to just get over yourselves and well bloody well get into each other!" Orlando spat out quickly and made sure he was in a position he could get out of the booth in a hurry should Sean decide to do anything crazy. Like reach across the table and choke the life out of him.

Sean blinks a few more times then whispers. "It's not like that Orli."

Orlando opens his mouth to argue but Sean waves his hand at him and Orlando stops.

"What I mean is, it's not like THAT. It's not about sex really. The get into each other thing anyway. Yes I love Viggo…yes I want him, but it's not just about that, and THAT is what is so frightening. If it were only a shag that would be fine, but this is different." Sean explained softly.

"I know that, Sean. I didn't say you were in lust with him I said in love if you recall. You two need to talk about more than work, kids, footie, and art. You need to really TALK." Orlando explains after a moment.

"Have you ever felt like all the stars were falling from the sky and suddenly one just bounced right off your head? That's how I felt the day I met Viggo. Like the entire sky full of stars fell on my head. It's like I've never known what it was to FEEL before. Do you understand me?" Sean asked.

Orlando smiled "God, Sean that was poetic. Vig is definitely rubbing off on you."

Sean snorted. "I guess he might be. Bloody hell Orli how do you tell someone that you've known for just over a month that you are so in love with them you can feel the ache deep in your bones? That every time I have a bad day that just a smile from him is like finding solace from this entire fucked up thing we call life…how do you tell someone that? How do you tell someone that it doesn't matter how much they fuck up it doesn't matter because you'll be there to make it better. You can see their faults and it doesn't matter…it doesn't fucking matter because to you they are perfect. How do you tell someone that your in love with the way they talk, they walk, they laugh? How do you tell them that you eat, sleep, dream, and breathe them every night? How do you tell someone that the thought of leaving this set in a few months and leaving them is like having your soul ripped out? How do you tell someone you feel all that…how, Orli?" Sean asked earnestly leaning across the table on his elbows.

"Just like that." A soft voice answered from beside him. Sean jumped nearly three feet straight up in his seat when he heard Viggo's voice. He'd been standing there for God knows how long. Orli was grinning like the cat that ate the canary and Sean felt as if his heart was going to jump out of his chest and run screaming for the hills.

"Fucking hell!" Sean blurted and Viggo laughed.

"We need to talk." Viggo said offering Sean a hand. Sean looked up at him feeling the blood rushing to his face and took his hand. He was blushing, fucking blushing. Shit!

"Yeah." Sean answered glancing over at Orli who was still grinning like a mad man.

Elijah was all smiles too beside Viggo.

"You two go…we will pay your tabs." Elijah assured and literally shooed the two of them out the door of the pub.


Once outside in the cool night air Viggo turned to face Sean.

"Did you really mean all that?" He asked suddenly needing to know. No one had ever said anything about him like that.

"What? Bloody hell of course I meant it! Who the fuck pours their heart out that way and doesn't mean it, Viggo?" Sean said looking everywhere but Viggo's eyes.

"So now is it my turn? Not sure I can top that…damn Sean thought I was supposed to be the poet?" Viggo asked laughing softly.

"Don't tease me, Viggo. Not about that." Sean said shaking his head and shoving his hands in his pockets. He looked like a scolded child, if he was to kick his toe at the ground Viggo thought he might loose his mind and kiss him right there on the sidewalk in front of the entire town.

"Not teasing…just…well that's a tough act to follow." Viggo said shifting slightly in front of Sean. "I can't really get away with saying 'ditto' so you're going to have to hear me stumble through this. Too bad I didn't bring my journal tonight, I have entire pages dedicated to the way I feel about you…but now I'm on the spot and I'm going to wing it."

Sean blushed more and smiled. Entire pages? Christ they were both idiots. "It's ok Vig…you can't say anything wrong unless you say you don't feel the same."

"No won't say that. I've…well I've waited for you, even before I knew you existed. It's been killing me since the very day we met. Killing me each day being close to you and yet so far away. You are my best friend, Sean, but I want more. It's like I've been living life with only half my heart because the other half belonged to you. The day we met I felt it…I felt the connection, and I thought I saw it in your eyes, but then I wasn't sure. I was scared. Afraid of making a fool of myself, afraid of turning you away from me forever and that would have shattered me. It's as if everything inside of me is joined with you." Viggo said stepping closer to Sean.

Sean stood there staring at him and lifted a shaking hand to caress his stubble covered jaw.

"The boys were right…we were blind." Sean said softly.

"No we weren't blind…we were just blinded." Viggo whispered. To hell with other people, he needed to show Sean what he felt. Viggo closed the short distance between them to seal his lips against Sean's in a soft and gentle kiss, a prelude to more. Nothing had ever felt this right. This perfect.

All too soon Viggo pulled back to gaze into Sean's eyes. He needed to see it there, the love, the want, and the passion. He raised his hand and touched Sean's face tenderly as if confirming this was not a dream before he moved in again. Swirls of breath intermingled for just a moment and then lips met again in a gentle yet firm kiss their tongues wrapping and sliding together.

The world seemed to simply fall away except for the two of them. Somewhere in the back of Sean's mind he registered they were standing on the sidewalk in front of the pub where any passer by could plainly see them, but he couldn't bring himself to care.

Sean felt as if his heart was a trapped bird fluttering against his chest. Finally he had the object of all his desires wrapped in his arms. He slid his hands into Viggo's hair, the same hair he'd been longing to feel under his touch for so long, and deepened the kiss even more. When he did Viggo moaned softly into the kiss before finally drawing away to drag in a breath of air.

"Let's go home, Viggo." Sean murmured resting his forehead against Viggo's.

God, he loved the way Sean said his name.

"Yes, home." Viggo answered twining his fingers with Sean's.

The End.