Title: Making Up for Lost Time
Author: Sairalinde
Type: SLASH/Fan Fic
Pairing: Viggo/Sean B.
Rating: Explicit Sex
WARNING: Language
Beta: Glorfindel
Disclaimer: This never happened...this is total fiction...Viggo, Sean, and Orlando are all real people but I make no claims on them. This was written in fun that's all. None of it is real.
Feedback: Yes please send to sairalinde@hornofgondor.com
Archiving: Yes but ask first please.
Summary/Notes: Viggo discovers he is in love with Sean Bean after a conversation with Orlando.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rain, again...Christ it's a wonder the whole fucking set hadn't washed away by now. The Helm's Deep shoot was a living hell; the only respite was when Henry came down to do a small cameo role. That was the only thing that saved my sanity I think. I am tired of mud, of rain, and the poor stunt men and women were more than paying for my piss poor mood. I wasn't holding anything back the last few days. Each night I poured all of my anger into the battles and there were moments when I knew even though they had thick layers of padding and latex I bruised them. I felt bad about that...although probably not bad enough.

Another thing was affecting my mood...Sean Bean was gone. I didn't realize until he left how close we had become. Best friends really, someone I think I will be friends with until the end of my days. I know that is affecting my mood because I am lonely and want my friend to return. Sure I have other friends here, but they aren't Sean.

We would spend hours just talking about the silliest or even most serious topics, even snipe and argue but that was always in fun. The younger cast members would laugh at us. Call us "old men" though most days Sean and I could give those "kids" a run for their money. God, I miss Sean. Is this how Aragorn feels about Boromir? Perhaps so, I know that's why I pressed Peter to write into the script that Aragorn puts on Boromir's bracers after his death. If no one else remembered Boromir he would, I would.

Sean is returning though, in two more weeks. He had business to attend to back in England. The divorce has been rough on him so there is that too. Hours and hours of sitting around talking about the demise of my marriage years ago as well as the demise of his last three.

Christ, he didn't give up did he? After one time I was done with it...I doubt I will ever marry again, it's just too painful when it's over. Even though Christine or Xene as the world knows her, and I are still close friends I can't do that again. I would rather endure real physical pain than that kind of heartbreak, that kind of failure weighing on my heart each day. It was no ones fault really; we fell in love and then out of love. We still care about each other, but I just can't see myself ever doing that again.

Sean on the other hand is so optimistic about such things. He loves so fast and so hard perhaps it burns out too quickly. The last few months have been painful for him, but he hasn't lost faith that he will love again, though he laughs and says perhaps he will take a page out of my book of life and avoid the whole marriage thing again. Teased that he is tired of loosing half his shite every time he or one of his significant others falls out of love.

I look up from where I am sitting. Orlando just entered the trailer.

"Hey, Viggo...so you going to come with us today?" He asks the same question every night.

I tried to smile but I know it doesn't reach my eyes, some fucking actor I am. "No, Orli, sorry I just, I am worn out...you kids are right I am an old man. Just gona go home and crash."

Orli watches me a few minutes with a concerned look on his face and then says something that makes me feel a bit rotten.

"If Bean was here you would go with us." Orli sounds like a petulant child, actually he sounds like Henry when I lecture him about not wanting him to watch television. The idea of that makes me laugh.

Orlando stands there staring at me.

"I guess you are right, Orli I probably would if Bean was here." Then something happens to me, my laughter changes, my chest gets tight, my throat suddenly tightens up and I begin to cry...actually to sob.

"Christ, Viggo are you alright?" Orli says racing over the few feet and dropping down in front of where I sit.

This must be freaking the hell out of the boy, as it is me, I am sitting there on this horrible green couch in the makeup trailer with my shoulders hunched in full Aragorn costume my sword in my lap crying like a fucking baby.

Poor Orli isn't sure what to do so he moves my sword out of the way and then pulls me into his arms. I bury my face against him and shudder.

"Is it Helms Deep?" He asked.

"I...d...d...don't know." I say between sobs. Christ I am really sobbing can't even talk for sobbing.

Then he pulls me away from him and looks in my eyes that I am sure are red rimmed and glossy looking.

"Oh Viggo...that's not it at all is it? Not really...it's miserable yes, but it's, it's Bean isn't it? You miss him don't you?" I start to shake my head to deny it. Grown men don't sit and cry like a baby just because they miss their friend. Well maybe if they felt like they were in hell they did? Helms Deep was certainly hell on Middle-Earth.

He looks at me pitifully then and says, "Why are you doing this to yourself? I have watched for months now, Viggo. You don't have to lie to me, I know you love him."

I sit back very straight and slide back up onto the couch. "I know you love him?" I think about the words. Something I had not wanted to admit to myself Orlando could plainly see. Or did he mean the other way, like a brother, a friend, and family? Shit now I am even more confused. Love...oh fuck I had gone and fallen in love with Sean. Not that I didn't think that was impossible.

Between shuddering gasps for air I finally say, "Yes."

Orlando smiles then reaches over onto the table and hands me some tissues which then makes me laugh. So now I am laughing and crying again like a fool. God I must be a sight to behold.

"It's ok. Remember what you told me when I missed my family and was so down months ago?" Orlando asked.

"Yes." I said softly as I tried to wipe tears off my face with the proffered tissues. Shit he did mean love as in brothers, friends, and family.

"Give him a call Viggo, it's not like he is out of reach even if he is on the other side of the planet." Orlando said softly squeezing my hand.

I nod. I am still not sure. Especially now that I have realized I didn't just miss my friend but someone I truly loved. Now isn't that just an awkward fucking conversation in my head?

"Hey Sean I miss you, hope you make a safe trip back, can't wait to see you...oh and by the way I think I am in love with you." The idea almost makes me laugh...almost.

Orlando must see the struggle on my face and says, "Viggo, you didn't even know it did you? You didn't even know you WERE in love with Sean until now did you?"

My mouth dropped open trying to respond but no words came. Shit the kid wasn't thinking of a brotherly, friend, and family sort of love. Damn when did Orlando get so wise?

Then Orlando smiles one of his brilliant smiles. "You know he loves you too."

I stopped fidgeting with the tissue in my hand and looked at Orli like he had grown extra appendages or something.

"What?" I find myself asking.

"Sean is in love with you too...he...he talked to me about it before he left. So after he told me I have been watching you, watching your mood go from bad to worse each day that he is gone. How you have closed yourself off from the rest of the cast, how you have been in this world of your own ever since he left. Whenever his name is mentioned I see it all over your face. I knew for sure you loved him a few days ago when Peter mentioned Sean would be back in two weeks...I saw your face light up as if it was the best news you had ever heard. I am sorry for not telling you sooner, may have saved you a lot of pain in the end but I didn't want to betray Sean. He did tell me in confidence, but he would rather I alleviate your pain than keep his secret." Orlando was speaking softly squeezing my arm.

My tears are gone now, and I feel like the weight of the world has just been lifted from my shoulders.

"Thanks Orli for telling me all this...thanks for understanding." I say softly because my throat hurts too much to say anything too loud.

"Go home Viggo, take a shower, enjoy the next three weeks off." Orli says softly.

"Three weeks?" I ask my head snapping up.

"Yeah Peter decided to give everyone time off to recover from Helms Deep...he said we got all the footage we needed finally. We are done!" Orlando said cheerfully.

"Tonight was the last night?" I ask in shock.

"Yeah Peter wanted to surprise everyone, we now have a three week break. He said we could do whatever we wanted with the time, fly home, stay here, just get some rest. Hell even Peter and Fran have decided to escape for a bit from everything. I guess Helms Deep just really wore everyone out." Orlando said standing up and starting to rock back and forth on the balls of his feet in excitement.

I just stared at him dumbstruck. It's over...Helms Deep is over.

"You know, you could fly to England...go spend the next two weeks with Sean and then return with him." Orlando suggested smiling brightly; "You would then still have a week here before having to start back to work yourself. Sean has just a little light work that first week back. I uh took the liberty of checking his schedule."

I look up at him unsure of all the emotions that just crossed my face. Then he hands me a cell phone. "Call him Viggo...tell him you are coming to see him."

So I grab the phone and start punching in Sean's cell number. It rings twice and then I hear the voice I have wanted to hear for two months.

"Hello?" Sean asked.

"Hey Sean it's Viggo." Knowing full well my voice was a bit scratchy sounding.

"Hey are you alright? You sound awful." Sean replies.

"Yes, tonight was the last night of Helms Deep and I am pretty worn out...but I have some great news." I say smiling at Orli who is grinning at me like a fool.

"Really? Glad to hear it....so what's the great news?" Sean asks.

"Peter is giving everyone from Helms Deep three weeks off...I thought maybe, if you didn't have plans...that maybe...." I started but he cut me off.

"Yes, yes, of course...I would love to have you come visit...that would be grand!" Sean says excitedly and I know then that Orlando was certainly telling me the truth.

"Oh...well then I guess I will arrange tickets and get back to you then." I say rubbing the back of my neck not realizing how much tension had just been released by his response.

"You do that! God, Viggo I have missed you so much." Sean said in a rush.

"I have missed you too Sean." I respond softly.

Orlando is beaming at me now. "Talk to you soon then." I say for lack of anything better.

"Yes, talk to you soon!" Sean says.

I hang up and Orlando takes the phone back punching some keys. "I have my travel agents number stored in here." Then he hands the phone back the number ready for me to punch "Send".

"Thanks, Orli." I say smiling at him.

Two hours later I am on a plane headed for England. There is so much to think about, things I need to tell Sean...to ask him, but I am so exhausted I sleep the entire flight.

When I arrive at Heathrow and disembark the plane I see Sean waiting patiently for me wearing jeans and a green shirt that make his eyes look even greener. He hugs me as soon as I am within arms reach.

"God, Viggo it's good to see you again!" He says cheerfully. "You know you look like shite."

I laugh as he assesses me. I bet I do look horrible. "Missed you too, and yeah I feel like shit."

"Let's get you home eh?" Sean asks walking with me toward baggage claim.

"Home sounds good." I say letting him lead the way.

Once in the car Sean looks at my hands. "Jesus Viggo...your hands are all cut up, and what's this?"

He asks touching the side of my face tenderly where a dark bruise had formed near the corner of my eye.

"I didn't duck in time." I say softly.

He shakes his head. "Helms Deep must have really been hell."

"It was, but it's over now." I say smiling at him.

On the drive we talk about shooting, about his girls, and Henry and the whole time I relive that tender touch he used earlier. I had wanted so badly to lean into his touch.

Once we arrive at Sean's house he and I carry my bags in and he leads me straight to the guest bedroom.

"I know you are pretty jet lagged just relax for a while...I have to go out to meet with my solicitor so just make yourself at home." He says all this the whole time unpacking my bags and placing things in drawers for me. I stand in the center of the room watching him a few seconds before I begin helping.

He shows me the guest bath and then he leaves for his meeting. I strip down and crawl into the shower then essentially pass out on the bed with just a towel around my waist.

I thought I heard someone calling my name but I decided it was just part of the dream I was having. Then I felt a light touch on my shoulder. "Viggo, wake up." Sean's voice said softly.

My eyes fluttered open trying to adjust to the light. "Sean? Your back." I say trying to sit up.

"Yeah...you feel any better? Feel like eating?" Sean asked backing away from the bed a bit.

I realize then all I have on is a towel and shift trying to keep the proper parts covered. Not quite sure why, I have done nude scenes in movies but this is different. "Uh yeah, haven't eaten in about 16 hours I think." I admit finally getting my bearings.

"Good, well come downstairs when you are ready then." Sean says backing out of the room. I couldn't help grinning to myself after he left...he had been staring at me...and honestly it felt damn nice to be looked at that way by Sean.

I pull on clean jeans and a red checked button up shirt and start downstairs. When I follow faint noises into the kitchen I am still buttoning my shirt. I see Sean at the stovetop.

"Hey. How'd it go?" I ask referring to his meeting with his lawyer.

"Well I think. Abby is actually being quite fair...more fair than my first wife that's for sure." Sean said dropping some butter into the pan.

"Good." I say running my hands through my hair and leaning against the counter.

Sean turns and hands me a cup of tea and then laughs.

"What?" I ask.

"Jesus Viggo you must be out of it...can't even button your own shirt." Sean says smiling at me.

I look down and notice that I obviously shouldn't ever button my shirt as I walk.

He comes over in front of me and I set my cup on the counter beside me. He begins unbuttoning my shirt and re-buttoning it correctly...but he moves slowly...his fingers grazing my chest a bit and even my stomach. I am so tempted to pull him closer but I just grasp the counter top behind me tighter.

"There." He says and steps back smiling.

I return the smile and then there is a moment where we just stand there smiling at each other like fools. Then he crosses back to the stove and begins cooking again. I find myself watching him move. Sean has always had a kind of quiet grace about him...and now that I have allowed myself to really look I see one small part of why I am in love with him. He is utterly beautiful.

We begin talking about inane subjects and then we sit down to eat. The meal is good...I knew Sean was a good cook; we shared a lot of moments like this before he left.

After dinner we sit in the living room and talk more.

"Sean I really missed you. So much that Orlando was worried about me...he is who prompted me to call you." I admit finally.

Sean looks a bit shocked for a second. "Really...Orlando huh?" He asks. All the while I know he is thinking how much did Orlando tell you then...how much do you know?

I decide it's now or never. "Sean...umm I have to tell you something...it's important and um but I uh I am not exactly sure where to begin." I stammer...Christ I am a fucking poet I should be able to come up with better words than that.

Sean watches me as I shift on the couch but doesn't say anything. He actually looks a bit amused at my squirming.

"I, I have come to a realization...no that's not right...shit. I think that...no I know that...oh fuck...I have fallen in love with you."

Sean sits there for a moment as if in stunned silence and I feel all the blood rushing to my head...I am fucking blushing like a schoolgirl and can't help it. My heart is pounding in my ears. Then he smiles.

"Good." He says softly still smiling.

"Good? Good? For fucks sake I just tell you I am in love with you and all you can say is good?" I say angrier than I probably should be.

He laughs then and then comes and kneels down in front of me. "Yes...good...because I feel the same way." Sean says looking up at me.

It's my turn to be a bit stunned. I knew he did from what Orlando said but it still felt so different hearing it from him.

We look at each other for what seems a very long time and then I say. "So what now?"

As soon as the words left my mouth Sean closed the short distance between us to press his lips against mine. I hadn't kissed another man in over twenty years but it didn't feel strange it felt right. It was a kiss of tenderness, of love, but soon it turned into something more. His mouth claiming mine and I returned it. God it felt good to kiss Sean.

Soon all that blood that had rushed to my head started rushing to another spot and I couldn't help but groan softly inside his mouth. There was no fight for dominance between us we both kissed each other like each of us were starving for more. When we finally broke the kiss we were both breathing ragged breaths and Sean smiled at me.

"I been wanting to do that for months." Sean admitted.

"We were fools to wait so long." I say softly.

Sean stands and offers me his hand. I know where this is going and my stomach has so many butterflies I can barely think. I follow him upstairs to his bedroom my hand still held lightly in his. Once we reach the top of the stairs Sean pulls me toward him and we share another kiss that causes the butterflies to start fluttering again. He pulls me toward his room and begins unbuttoning my shirt. With each button he opens he plants a kiss along my chest and I nearly moan again. I didn't even think as I began to undo the fly of Sean's jeans. Then when I cupped Sean through his boxers he let out a low rumbling moan that made my own erection jump within my jeans. God I haven't wanted anyone like this in years. We are standing facing each other my hand down the front of Sean's jeans and his hand tangled in my hair then we are kissing again. Deeply, then he is dragging his lips down across my jaw to my neck. Oh God this feels so good. I didn't even realize I said that out loud until Sean responds saying, "Mmmm it certainly does." As he licks the side of my neck.

Somehow my jeans are off and so are his and now we are on the bed...when exactly did we end up on the bed? I wonder absently then all thought leaves my head when I feel Sean's hot mouth envelope me. My hips buck off the bed and he positions his arm across my pelvis to keep me from choking him. Don't really have control over the lower part of my body anymore I think. His tongue is absolutely wicked and am getting close...too close. I tug at Sean's hair trying to get him to realize I am about to loose it. He raises up and smiles at me. I pull him up and kiss him deeply. "My turn." I say smiling and push Sean onto his back. I crawl over him and begin a slow trail of kisses down his chest. Sean has a great body, I have always admired it but now up close, he is like a golden god. I lick my way slowly down to his engorged member and lick the sticky precum off the tip. Damn Sean tastes good...I can't help but go back for more. Finally I take him in down to the hilt, he's hitting the back of my throat and I relax and swallow around him. He moans loudly when I do this...I start a steady pace until finally he tugs on my hair.

"Not like this." He whispers...his eyes look almost black they are so wild with passion. "Vig, I want you to fuck me." He says softly.

Oh God. I close my eyes for a moment and nod not trusting my voice. "Do you...?" I begin to ask and then I notice he is reaching for the bedside table. I move over and open the drawer. Brand new bottle of lube and brand new box of condoms...he wasn't sure I felt the way he did but he wanted to be prepared...good. I think.

Soon enough the preparation is done and I am slowly sliding a finger inside his tight entrance. God it's so tight and I begin to wonder if he has done this before. I can see the mixture of pain and pleasure on his face and then I adjust and find that spot...oh yes that worked. I pull back and insert a second finger and now he is writhing under my touch moaning my name. God he is beautiful, there is no other way to put it...soon enough I have him prepared and roll on a condom and slick up. He looks at me pleadingly and I know what he wants. I push against his tight ring and slowly enter him...I can see it's hurting a bit and I go even more slowly until finally I am fully inside of him. Damn it's so hot and tight it's all I can do to keep from loosing control right then. I take a few trembling breaths and begin moving in and out of him slowly setting a wonderfully slow pace until Sean is pushing back against me and begging me.

"Viggo please, please...faster." He is begging so I oblige him and move faster. I am not going to last long at this pace so I take his cock in my hand and begin keeping time with my thrusts until he is moaning louder and gasping my name over and over like a chant. "Come for me Sean...come for me love." I say softly and with that he spills over my hand and soon after I feel my own orgasm approaching. I scream out his name and collapse over him as stars dance behind my eyelids.

After a few moments I pull out and move off him and we curl up together not caring we are both sweaty and sticky now. He kisses me softly and says, "That was amazing."

I nod and kiss him back. "Yeah." I say a little breathlessly as I caress his back. We lay there a bit longer and then he says. "Shower?"

We disentangle ourselves and head for the shower to clean up. Once in the shower I think why on earth did we wait so long? Then Sean kisses me as the hot water splashes against my back and I decide not to dwell on the lost time...now all we can do is make up for it. And we will...oh we will.

The End