Title: Fear of a Broken Heart 1/?
Author: Sairalinde
Type: RPS / FPS?
Pairing: Viggo/Sean B.
Rating: Explicit Sex
Beta: Glorfindel
Disclaimer: This never happened...this is total fiction spurred on by a chain smoking chocolate eating bunny that lives in my purse. Viggo, and Sean are real people but I make no claims on them. This was written in fun that's all.
Feedback: Yes please send to sairalinde @ hornofgondor.com
Archiving: OEAM, Rugbytackling, LOM, GO-others ask.
Summary/Notes: Sean's fear of a broken heart causes some problems.
---------------------------------------------------------------

[Chapter 1] [Chapter 2] [Chapter 3] [Chapter 4] [Chapter 5]

Viggo tried to push himself up and nearly fell back down but Sean pulled his friend's arm over his shoulder and helped him up from the porch.

"You scared me half to death you know that don't you?" Sean scolded him as he led Viggo through the house to his bedroom.

"Why were you scared?" Viggo asked and realized his voice was extremely scratchy, his throat was killing him and his head felt as if it were about to explode.

"I saw you on the porch and I swear you were so pale I thought…I thought something horrible had happened to you." Sean said with a slight tremble in his voice, to try and cover it he cleared his throat.

"I've slept outdoors many times in my life and never felt this bad the next day." Viggo said still trying to get his stiff muscles to move better.

"Yes, but in a tent and if not that you had a blanket or a sleeping bag…all you had was this flimsy jacket. Viggo, it was cold last night and you are soaked to the skin." Sean said worriedly helping him sit on the edge of the bed.

He put his hand to Viggo's forehead and then frowned at him. "Plus you have a fever."

"Makes sense." Viggo muttered. His brain felt fried.

Sean helped peel his wet jacket off and then Viggo tried to unbutton his shirt but his fingers weren't cooperating. Sean started doing it for him and Viggo regretted it. He felt like absolute shit, and here was this man he'd wanted for ages undressing him and not for the reason he wished. This was not exactly what he had in mind the first time Sean was in his bedroom undressing him.

"Come on Vig, please help me a little bit. Maybe I should call one of the medics over?" Sean pleaded.

"No…just give me a minute." Viggo said taking a deep breath trying to steady his hands.

Peter was going to kill him if this cold didn't. It took every bit of energy he could summon to get out of the rest of his wet clothes. Most of it he did sitting on the bed…his legs felt like wet noodles and his head was starting to pound.

Sean handed him his bathrobe and then said, "I'll be right back, wait here."

Where the fuck would I go? Viggo thought but didn't voice it.

A few minutes later Sean was back.

"Here drink this…you need it." He said.

Viggo made a face. "Smells awful."

"Surprised you can even smell it. Now quit being a baby and drink." Sean answered sternly.

Viggo looked at him over the rim of the cup and grinned. "You're cute when you get mad."

"What? Oh, bloody funny one you are. I am not mad, now drink." Sean said walking into the bathroom. He turned the shower on to warm up and came back into the room.

Viggo had drunk half the horrible concoction he had given him and said, "I changed my mind…you're not cute when you get mad you ARE mad. That tasted like shit."

Sean laughed at that, "Grandmother's recipe. Now come on, lets get you into the shower."

"Huh?" He asked.

"Shower…Viggo…NOW!" He said tugging the sick man up.

Sean man handled him into the bathroom and helped him get in the shower, and then he pulled off his own sweatshirt, shoes, socks, and jeans. He slipped into the shower with his patient. Clad only in boxers.

"Don't want you to pass out and crack your thick skull." Sean muttered from behind him.

"This wasn't exactly how I imagined taking a shower with you." Viggo said groggily leaning against the wall of the shower and then realized he'd said that out loud but it was too late.

Sean laughed seemingly unfazed. "You imagined us taking a shower together?"

"Well, yeah." Viggo answered unsure what else to say.

A few moments later he felt warm callused hands moving across his back, kneading his muscles under the hot water.

"Feels good." Viggo murmured.

"Good, now come here and get under the water a little more…you need to get warmed up, Viggo." Sean said tugging at him.

Viggo let the hot water run over his body as Sean continued to knead his muscles with a very businesslike demeanor, restoring the blood flow. He wasn't giving or taking pleasure but simply giving comfort.

"Why are you doing this?" Viggo asked softly turning to look at Sean.

"Because you need help." He said softly.

"That's not an answer." Viggo responded.

Sean's hands stopped and he looked at Viggo for a moment as steam and water surrounded them. "I am doing this because you are my friend, Viggo…I …well I care about you and you need me right now. I wouldn't be a good friend if I left you to die of pneumonia on the porch now would I?"

"You care about me?" Viggo asked.

"Yes." Sean answered.

"I do need you, Sean." He said groggily.

"I know." Sean responded softly still rubbing Viggo's shoulders. I need you too. He thought to himself.

After a few more minutes he said, "Can you lean against the wall while I get the towels?"

"Yeah." Viggo wasn't sure why he hadn't just grabbed the towels out of the linen closet but was too tired to say anything more. The hot shower had left him feeling even more drained but in a relaxed sort of way.

Sean came back in a few minutes and reached in turning the water off. "Come on…lets get you out of there."

He stepped out of the shower and then Sean wrapped warm towels all around him. Warm towels? Really warm towels?

"How'd…why are they so warm…feels good." Viggo mumbled unable to wrap his brain around why the towels felt so good.

"I put them in the dryer before we came in here." He explained rubbing a towel through Viggo's hair.

"Sit down, Viggo." He said pushing him onto the commode. He sat there letting Sean work him over with the warm towels and closed his eyes.

"Now I am going to go in the other room and get dressed…you umm you need my help?" Sean asked shoving some clothes at him.

"No…I'm ok." Viggo said and then coughed.

Sean frowned again and went out of the room and dried and dressed himself quickly. He couldn't help but smile when he returned to the bathroom.

"Um Viggo I think you have that shirt on inside out."

"I don't care, too hard to put it on the first time…not doing it again." He complained.

Sean chuckled and then helped him stand and led him back to the bed and tucked him in.

"I haven't been tucked in since I was a kid." He admitted. Sean just grinned.

"I will be right back, ok." Sean said brushing damp hair back from Viggo's forehead.

"Ok." He said closing his eyes and sinking back into the soft bed.

Sean left and soon came back with a cup and aspirin. "Here take these…we gotta get that fever down or I really am calling a medic."

Viggo just nodded and took the pills. The cup had tea with lemon and honey, which made him feel warmer, and tasted a hell of a lot better than that other concoction he'd given him earlier. Sean leaned over and brushed a soft kiss over his forehead.

"Go to sleep…I will be here when you wake up."

Viggo fell asleep as soon as he closed his eyes.

A few hours later he woke up and heard voices in the living room. "I appreciate this Peter." He heard Sean say.

"No problem. If you need anything give me a call ok?" Peter's voice said.

Viggo stumbled down the hallway toward the voices.

"Oh you shouldn't be out of bed." Sean said rushing over and putting his arm around Viggo and leading him to the couch.

Viggo collapsed down on it and looked up at Peter. "Sorry."

His voice sounded even worse than before but now at least his throat didn't hurt so bad and his head was pounding a bit less.

Peter frowned and then said, "He does look pretty rough…you go ahead and take the day off and tomorrow as well, both of you. Nurse your friend, Sean. We can shoot around the two of you for a few days. And Viggo if you ever pull a stunt like this again you'll find I may not always be a nice fella."

Viggo frowned. "I'm really sorry, Peter." Then he coughed miserably and looked up at Sean. "Sorry."

"It's ok." Sean said scurrying off to another part of the house as Peter let himself out.

Viggo curled up on the couch. I have had millions of colds in my life…why is this one kicking the shit out of me?

Sean soon returned and sat down next to him on the couch and took his temperature. When he looked at it he frowned. Something Sean was doing a lot today. "Bad?" Viggo asked.

"Not good…102.4." Sean said softly. "Take these and then get some sleep."

"Not sleepy." Viggo said just before popping the pills.

"You will be." Sean said patting the top of his head before plopping down in Viggo's favorite chair.

Continue to Chapter 2