Title: No More Goodbyes
Author: Sairalinde
Type: RPS FIC
Pairing: Viggo/Sean B.
Rating: R/Mild Explicit Sex
Beta: Glorfindel
Disclaimer: This never happened...this is total fiction spurred on by a purple chain smoking chocolate eating bunny that lives in my purse. Viggo, and Sean are real people but I make no claims on them. This was written in fun that's all. None of it is real.
Feedback: Yes please send to sairalinde@hornofgondor.com
Archiving: Yes but ask first please.
Summary/Notes: AU wherein Viggo and Sean met back in 1984 when Viggo was in London auditioning for Tarzan: Legend of Greystoke. They meet again in 1999 on the LOTR set. "What no foreplay?" ---- "I think fifteen years is more than enough."
This bunny was sparked by the Drinking Games series by Vivi and Neinor: http://www.ravenswing.com/~keelywolfe/vivi.html and a Premiere magazine article on Viggo. (Yes, the road kill article.)

------------------------------------------------------

[Chapter 1] [Chapter 2]

No More Goodbyes.

London 1984

Viggo ran across the London street. He was in London to audition for a role...a role the other guy won. Seemed that was always the case...so now he was on his way back to L.A. in two days with no other prospects on the horizon.

He stepped into the smoke filled pub and figured tonight would be a good night to drink himself into oblivion. He settled into a booth and a waitress came up and took his order. He sat there for a while nursing his beer...he wasn't used to the stronger stuff here so he didn't want to push it. The pub was loud and crowded.

Viggo looked up when he heard someone say something to him. "What?" He asked looking up at the man standing next to his table.

"You mind if I have a seat? Bit crowded in here tonight." The blond man with the very nice accent and smooth voice asked.

Viggo smiled. "Sure."

"American?" The Brit asked sitting down across from him.

"Afraid so." Viggo said grinning.

The green eyed blond smiled and Viggo couldn't remember ever seeing a warmer or more open smile in his life. It lit the guys whole face up. Sean seemed to have a certain ease that Viggo found himself already admiring.

"Sean Bean." The Brit said offering his hand.

"Viggo Mortensen." Viggo replied shaking Sean's hand. Viggo noted that Sean had nice hands.

"Good to meet you...student or here on business?" Sean asked settling more comfortably into his seat.

"Business I guess." Viggo said tracing a drop of condensation down the side of his glass with his index finger.

"You guess? Sounds like you aren't too sure." Sean said smiling.

"Actually it was business...but didn't go the way I wanted it to. So I am going home in two days time with nothing to show for it other than getting to see a bit of London." Viggo admitted and shifted in his seat.

"I see. What sort of business if you don't mind my asking?" Sean asked taking a drink of his beer.

"Audition...for a movie role. It came down to myself and one other guy and I guess I just didn't have what it took." Viggo said taking a long drink of his own beer and feeling more than a little bit sorry for himself.

Sean frowned. "Sorry to hear that mate. Sometimes it's harder when it comes down to you and one other because then you wonder what that one person had you didn't...when it's between you and fifty others it's a hell of a lot easier."

"You an actor?" Viggo asked a bit surprised. Talk about coincidence.

"Yeah, doing a play at the moment and have a guest shot on the tellie in a few weeks...not really enough to pay the bills but gotta start somewhere I guess." Sean said smiling.

"Yeah...guess you're right...I sometimes wonder why I bother at all." Viggo said looking away at some of the other patrons. Sean was absorbing he thought...the guy just seemed to draw you right in. He needed to remind himself that he was in a pub full of people.

Sean's laughter however brought his gaze quickly back to the man across from him. The man had a great laugh, a really brilliant laugh that he wouldn't mind hearing again and again.

"Of course you know why you bother...it's in your blood or you wouldn't have flown to England to take a fucking chance on a role you might not get. Deep down you already knew that." Sean said still smiling.

Viggo laughed. "Guess you're right."

Viggo looked down at his hands for a moment. This felt strange...more than strange. This guy being here, now on this night, when Viggo needed someone who understood...who really understood how he felt. He almost wanted to send a small prayer up thanking God that he wasn't all alone now. If only for a little while at least he had someone to connect with here in London.

"So...where are you staying?" Sean asked.

Viggo told him what hotel and Sean snickered. "Well at least the studio set you up in a decent place. Could be a whole lot worse."

Viggo laughed and shook his head...he hadn't looked at it that way. "Yeah things could be a whole lot worse...though now that I've said that my pipes in my kitchen back home probably just burst."

Sean shook with laughter. "You wanna get out of here? This place is a bit loud...maybe...well I don't live far from here you wanna continue this conversation at my place? I know that sounds suspiciously like a pick up line...but you seem like you could use someone to talk to and honestly so could I."

Viggo thought about it for a moment and then smiled. "Sure." He said taking the last drink of his beer and digging out his wallet.

"Nah...you had a bad day...keep your money...I got it. We ever cross paths again you can return the favor." Sean said tossing money on the table and standing up.

"Thanks, I'll certainly do that!" Viggo said standing up and following Sean out into the damp night air.

Viggo had never felt this instantly attracted to another man like he was to Sean. Sure he'd been with men before but never had he immediately felt this drawn toward another man. Normally women drew him in like that not men. Usually when he was attracted to men he was drunk or high, and horny as hell.

This was altogether different. There was just something about the other man's easy confidence and personality. Part of him regretted having to leave in two days...he wouldn't get a chance to know this other man better which suddenly Viggo decided he very much wanted to get to know Sean better. Then the rational part of his brain was saying what are you doing following some strange man in another country no less to his home? Viggo wasn't listening to the rational part of his brain.

He continued to walk with Sean down the street until the Brit turned and walked up some steps to an apartment building. "Come on." Sean said holding open the door for Viggo.

Viggo stepped inside and then Sean stepped in and took the lead going up the stairs. Viggo found himself admiring the other man's ass in slightly tight jeans and shook his head. He said that wasn't a pick up line...just talk...that's all this is...two actors from different countries having a chat.

When they reached Sean's door he watched the other man unlock it and invite him inside.

"Nice place." Viggo said as he stepped in the door.

"Thanks...why don't you take your coat off? Would you like something to drink?" Sean asked taking his coat off and laying it across a chair.

"Sure." Viggo said removing his coat and placing it on the chair with Sean's. He looked around the room. Not bad for someone who claimed not to be making much from his acting. Nothing fancy really, the place was small but the guy definitely had a sense of style.

Sean handed Viggo a beer and then sat down on the couch. "So what movies might I have seen you in?" Sean asked.

Viggo laughed. "Not many since all of my roles have met the cutting room floor."

Sean winced. "Shite...sorry. Ya just got to believe you won't get cut from every movie you're ever in. Besides you're a good lookin' bloke...someone will take notice and give you something even if it's just a role to look pretty for." Sean teased.

"Thanks...I think." Viggo said laughing and taking a swig of his beer. He thinks I'm good looking...hmm wonder if that wasn't a pick up line back at the bar after all?

"So what about you? Done any movies?" Viggo asked.

"No, not yet, but I have hope." Sean said studying his beer.

They continued talking for what seemed only a short time but then Viggo noticed that light was starting to come in the windows. They had sat up talking all night! When had that happened before? They had only drunk one beer a piece so they were both stone sober.

Sean noticed Viggo glance toward the window and laughed. "Shite...didn't realize the time. You got somewhere you need to be?" Sean asked.

"No." Viggo answered trying to stifle a yawn. Suddenly realizing he'd been up all night he started to feel it.

Sean laughed. "Well then why don't you sleep here...no sense trying to make it back to your hotel now. I on the other hand have to step out in a few hours so I better get a shower. I'll get you a blanket and pillow and you can have the couch." Sean said standing up.

Viggo watched the other man unfold from his seat and felt undeniably attracted to Sean. God he was just hot no other word for it. Sean gave him a quizzical look and Viggo's eyes flickered away.

"Uh yeah...thanks I appreciate it." Viggo said standing up and stretching. He almost grinned when he realized Sean was watching him. He decided to draw it out just a bit bending at the waist and enjoying giving the other man a bit of a show.

Sean cleared his throat and walked into another room. He soon returned with a blanket and a pillow.

Viggo smiled and accepted them then tugged off his t-shirt. Sean was standing in the doorway to the other room with his arms folded across his chest. Viggo knew he was watching him, but he just ignored him and took off his shoes and then curled up on the couch.

Sean smiled and then went into the other room. Viggo could hear the shower running and then he drifted off to sleep. He thought he felt the blanket being tucked in closer around him but he wasn't sure.

Several hours later Viggo woke up when he heard the door shut. He sat up quickly and looked around. It took him a moment to remember where he was. Sean was standing at the door with a grocery bag in his arms.

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you." Sean said smiling and then crossing to the kitchen.

"No its all right...wow how long was I out?" Viggo asked getting up.

"About six hours." Sean said setting items out of the bag on the counter.

"Fuck. Your big reason to leave was to go grocery shopping?" Viggo teased helping Sean take the food out of the bag.

Sean laughed. "No I stopped on my way back from my solicitors."

"Solicitor?" Viggo asked wondering if maybe he was using a lawyer for one of his acting contracts or something.

"Finalizing my divorce." Sean answered.

"Shit...sorry man." Viggo said feeling like a heel. Here I was thinking he might be gay or maybe bi and the guy is getting divorced...probably straight as a fucking arrow. I have read this all this wrong. Oh well at least I made a friend.

"Don't be...I'm not." Sean said putting a milk jug in the fridge. "We got married too young, we have been separated for a few years just now got around to doing an official ending to it. She thinks I am nuts for wanting to be an actor. Throwing my life away right along with hers she said."

"I thought when you loved someone you shared and supported their dreams..." Viggo began and then stopped, "Shit sorry it's none of my business."

Sean laughed. "No its alright I agree with you...I thought that too. Apparently her definition of love was different."

Sean stared at Viggo for a minute and then Viggo realized he was still shirtless. It made him feel a little self conscious now that he knew Sean wasn't into men.

"I uh...I better get dressed." Viggo said leaving he kitchen. He heard Sean ball up the grocery bag and then he followed him into the living room. "Well I better get back to my hotel. I was supposed to call my folks last night actually and let them know how it went. They are probably worried sick." Viggo said tugging his t-shirt back on.

"I understand...got a Mum too. Well you still have what today and tomorrow here before you have to leave?" Sean asked.

"Yeah." Viggo answered slipping his shoes back on.

"You wanna catch my play tonight?" Sean asked sounding a bit unsure of himself.

"Really? Actually yeah I'd love to." Viggo said smiling brightly at his new friend.

Sean gave him information on how to get to the playhouse and they said goodbye to each other. Viggo felt pretty damn good as he got back to his hotel. So what if he didn't get the part...he met a fellow actor he felt really comfortable with. Got to believe that everything happens for a reason. He thought.

------------------------------------------------------


That evening Viggo went to the play and as soon as Sean hit the stage he was enthralled. Even though he was an actor he'd never been a huge Shakespeare lover, but God the guy was really good. Really absorbing the way a good actor should be. He made you believe the fear, the pain, the anger, the happiness....really made you believe it. Viggo felt a little bit insecure now about his own acting abilities, Sean made it look easy. This guy was definitely going to make it.

During intermission Sean sent a note out to Viggo. "Viggo, glad you made it! Stick around after. S" Viggo grinned and stuck the note in his pocket.

After the play Viggo hung around after everyone had left and then Sean walked out from backstage.

"Hey!" Sean said walking up and smacking his shoulder. "So...what did you think? Professional critique now."

Viggo laughed. "It was great...I'm definitely impressed."

"You're not much of a critic." Sean mused pulling on his jacket.

Viggo laughed. "No guess not...but really it was terrific. You do a great job of drawing the audience in really."

"Thanks." Sean smiled. "You hungry?"

"Sure." Viggo said following him.

The two hailed a taxi and went to a small Italian restaurant. While they ate Viggo couldn't help watching Sean. The amazing smile and sparkling green eyes just seemed to lure him in a second time that night. At some point he was so lost in watching Sean that he hadn't heard what the other man said to him. Then he saw Sean snap his fingers at him. Viggo jerked.

"Viggo...you alright? You seem a little preoccupied?" Sean asked. Viggo hadn't answered the last two questions he'd asked.

"Shit...sorry about that Sean. I uh I think I zoned out a bit. Guess I am not such great company tonight." Viggo said shifting in his chair trying to alleviate the tightness in his jeans he hadn't realized before.

"Nah I was just prattling on anyway...what were you thinking about?" Sean asked.

Viggo nearly choked not like he could say what he was really thinking which was 'What your skin tastes like just under your earlobe.'

So instead Viggo shook his head. "Nothing...everything. You know how it is sometimes."

Sean smiled. "Yeah...I think so." Then Sean dipped his finger into his wine glass and licked the wine off his finger quite provocatively and the strain inside Viggo's jeans got a lot worse. Viggo swallowed and Sean smiled.

"You want to go back to my place? Or your hotel?" Sean asked still smiling at the reaction he got from the American.

"Wh...What?" Viggo stammered.

Sean sighed. "I think we both know where this is heading, Viggo. If you don't want what I am offering fine...well leave it at just friends, but if you want me half as much as I want you then we only have tonight and tomorrow...I think we should make the best of it."

Viggo sat there completely stunned. "I...I thought you were straight."

"I thought the same about you at first...now I guess we both know differently." Sean said tossing his napkin on his plate. "So again I ask...my place or your hotel?"

"My hotel is closer I think." Viggo said smiling.

Sean laughed. "So it is."

As soon as Viggo closed the door to his hotel room Sean grabbed him and pinned him against the door. They stared at each other for a long moment blue gaze meeting green before Sean kissed him deeply and passionately. Sean kissed like there was no tomorrow and in some respects there wasn't. Viggo was no longer sure if his knees would continue to support him so he was damn glad the door was bearing most of his weight.

Sean broke the kiss and tilted his forehead against Viggo's, "Bloody hell." Both men were drawing ragged breaths.

Viggo sighed and smiled, "Yeah."

They both felt it then. Viggo thought. They had both felt a connection from the moment they met but after that kiss they both knew. There was something more to this.

Sean's hands led a shaky trail up Viggo's arms and then slid around to cup his shoulders and pull him away from the door. "Bed?"

"Uh huh." Viggo answered unable to stop grinning.

They stopped beside the bed and Viggo dove in for another deep kiss. Sean was incredible Viggo thought as his tongue teased Sean's. Both of them were shaking as they tried to remove each other's clothes while they were still attacking each other's lips.

Viggo pulled back and yanked his shirt off and tossed it across the room. Sean smiled and did the same. The American drew Sean closer and decided now was the time he could answer the question playing in his mind at the restaurant. He began nibbling and sucking at the skin just below Sean's earlobe drawing a low moan out of him. Viggo smiled against the other man's skin. Sean tasted like heaven and Viggo wanted more so much more.

He slid to his knees and when Sean looked down he groaned at the sight of Viggo looking up at him. The American slowly unbuttoned Sean's jeans and then unzipped them over his erection. Viggo cupped Sean through the material of his boxers and Sean arched into his touch.

"Viggo...." Sean moaned softly.

Viggo smiled and tugged Sean's pants and boxers down and freed his erection. He licked him from base to head and Sean tried to stifle a moan. Viggo began setting a slow rhythm of sucking and then pulling back and swirling his tongue around the head. Sean's hands shot down and clutched Viggo's soft hair in his hands but didn't use force just held him.
In answer Viggo took him down to the hilt and swallowed eliciting a deep rumbling groan from Sean and his hips flexed forward involuntarily. Then Viggo started all over again this time setting a faster pace, taking Sean deep into his throat and then pulling back to circle the head with his tongue.

Sean was moaning wonderfully with each change, each stroke, and Viggo began working even faster as he tasted pre-cum on the back of his tongue. He felt Sean tense and then shudder and nearly scream his hot release inside Viggo's mouth. He swallowed it down and then continued to lick to make sure he hadn't missed anything. Sean's knees were shaking and when Viggo pulled back and sat on his heels looking up at the Brit the other man smiled down at him.

Sean reached out and wove his fingers into soft strawberry blond hair, "You're stunning."
Viggo laughed softly at the compliment and then stood and helped Sean to sit on the edge of the bed. He finished removing Sean's clothing and then removed his own. When he did Sean smiled at him.

"You got a fucking great body, Viggo."

"So do you." Viggo answered not believing the compliments the other man was paying him. No other man had ever said things like that to him before but he really liked hearing them particularly from Sean.

"Come here." Sean said as he placed his hands on either side of Viggo's waist and pulled him toward him. He kissed Viggo's stomach and chest.

"Mmm, so nice." Sean said against the taut skin.

Viggo was nearly squirming under the other man's kisses and gentle touch. In his experience with other men it was never gentle and loving as this was. This was so much more than just sex. Viggo couldn't believe he was even thinking that. He hadn't even known Sean a full twenty four hours yet. This was so much more intimate, more loving...but that's just not possible. He thought, but then all thought fled when Sean's hot mouth slid around his aching cock.

They made love all night and all of the next day and night. They would fall asleep and then wake up and talk for hours and then make love again. That was the only way Viggo could describe it. They ordered room service when they were hungry and curled up on the bed together and talked. It was as if their bodies couldn't get enough of each other...Viggo had to leave late the following night and he wouldn't be coming back.

This was it for him and Sean so they made the most of their time together.

Sean didn't leave his hotel room until the following evening.

"I don't want to say goodbye." Sean said giving Viggo another long kiss.

"Neither do I." Viggo admitted with his arms loosely draped around Sean's waist.

"I've um I'll be watching for your name in lights." Sean said smiling at him.

"Same here." Viggo laughed.

"I...I would see you off at the airport but...I'm afraid there would be an international incident if I went. Might try and kidnap you or something nutters like that." Sean teased kissing Viggo on the end of the nose.

Viggo laughed. "Okay...I'll write...or call when I have the money to."

"Sure." Sean said knowing full well he probably wouldn't. "Well my cab is waiting. Bloody hell...you know hello is always better than goodbye, Viggo."

"Bye, Sean." Viggo said laughing and feeling that the words were entirely too inadequate.

Go to Chapter 2